Hi From Connecticut

Re: Hi From Connecticut

Postby reodds » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:03 pm

Thanks Robbie, it's greatly appreciated!

Roger
Roger Oppenheimer
Amelia Island, FL KFHB
Looking to buy a Sonex
reodds

Postby Darick » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:38 pm

I may know someone that has a partially completed Sonex. Can you email me off line please.
Darick Gundy
Sonex #1646
N417DG
Taildragger, Aerovee, center stick, Prince P-Tip Prop
MGL E1, F2, V6 radio, Sandia Xponder, Reserve lift indicator (AOA), iFly 520
First flight! 10/21/2017
Darick

Postby SonexEZ » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:14 pm

[url][/url]Hi from Florida I was from ct all my life till we went to visit a friend on the west coast of Florida. I started flying out of Windham airport at 16 the cost for a 150 was $12.50 hour wet dam that was high lol. At one time I had 2 172's at Windham I think then it was called 5BO ? Now IJD I am looking for a Sonex now my wife just passed away after being together 35 years and being alone is for the birds . I have several friends in aviation all over the country. I worked for DHL as a FE and a A& P the person that has the Sonex at Windham please get back to me I plan on visiting before the snow flys.
SonexEZ

Postby SonexEZ » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:12 pm

kmacht wrote:Roger,

I have my sonex over on the other side of the state in Connecticut at Windham airport. Once I get it dug back out of the snow you are welcome to come sit in it and see how you fit.

Keith

I used to have a hanger at IJD or 5BO years ago
SonexEZ

Postby SonexEZ » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:39 pm

I have my sonex over on the other side of the state in Connecticut at Windham airport. Once I get it dug back out of the snow you are welcome to come sit in it and see how you fit.

Keith

Keith I am not sure when i will take it up to CT IJD but i will let you know cause when i do come up i will be tired down at IJD for a few days need to also see frienlds at Brainard , I snapped a rocket hold down bolt so i haven done much witht he sonex , I have been trying to get somethings done with my wifes estate , I just hate attorneys when they dont what to here what you say and you are the one paying , I am not sure about the Jabiru 3300 waiting to see about the money coming in, and i am not sure but I know one had problems I am not sure if it is the hydralic one or solid lifter one ,
SonexEZ

Postby SonexEZ » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Keith

Roger I wont make it up to CT to IJD , ran into so many problems waitng for parts i am rebuilding the aerovee only has 145.6 hrs but i dont think the builder did the oil changes according to what they said to, I found lines in 3 of the four cylinders that i just didnt like so all cylinders are off waitng for rings , I did install the new Garmin comm, wow dose that work nice I talked to an aircraft 90 miles away and my sonex is in the garage at home now i am trying to hook up the front 2 cyls for CHT and the harness dosent have the wires nor dose the plug have the correct pin holes
SonexEZ

Postby SonexEZ » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:09 pm

I just did mt top overhaul and am just wondering dose everyones aerovee sound like it has a cam in it ? My aircraft shacks the hole house its in my garage
SonexEZ

Postby kmacht » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:27 pm

The aerovee uses straight pipes that exit right by your feet so it isn't exactly quiet. Not sure what you mean by "sounds like it has a cam in it". The engine is a little lumpy down below 800 rpm but should be smooth anything above idle. It certainly does not sound like a beetle if that is what you were expecting.

Keith
kmacht

Postby SonexEZ » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:05 pm

kmacht wrote:The aerovee uses straight pipes that exit right by your feet so it isn't exactly quiet. Not sure what you mean by "sounds like it has a cam in it". The engine is a little lumpy down below 800 rpm but should be smooth anything above idle. It certainly does not sound like a beetle if that is what you were expecting.

Keith

Keith I was just suprized on the way it sounds, hey do you have the wheel pans from sonex i just got them in
I didnt expect to have to drill holes and cut out for strut , and fill in crack from one end to the other, but how do you decide what hight off the ground should th ewheel pans be / so as to not hit when landing
SonexEZ

Postby kmacht » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:04 pm

I think the plans detail out the cuts that need to be done. those cuts set the height of the pant. I can't be much more help than that since I installed Tracy Obrien brakes and had to mount them a little different than the plans.

Keith
kmacht

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions