Still dreaming but getting closer

Still dreaming but getting closer

Postby Stu AI7AN » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:07 am

Hello all, PP-SEL, high perf endorsed, with about ten or so hours tailwheel time. Hooked on tailwheels. Problem is all that was a few decades ago. Now in very early 60's and would love to build a quick build kit or aquire a decent partially built kit hopefully in the next year to year & a half. Need to find a tailwheel instructor to get current with and finally get the endorsement. Probably will stay under Light Sport rules. Have in mind to fly as much cross country as local- kids and siblings are spread out in three western and one Midwestern states. The new High Wing idea sure has my attention.... as does the "outlaw" Corvair powerplant. Have build a couple VW engines for old Beetles back in the day, but in the mountain NW just not enough power, even with the turbo although it would certainly help. Have no interest at all in a "store bought" engine. Not my thing, and wouldn't fit.my pocket book either. Anyhow, the Sonex seems to fit my intentions and budget better than anything else out there. And really wouldn't for my purposes seem to compromise much at all in the process. Sure wish I could get a couple dual hours in one!

Glad for the privilege to be here where I have much to learn from you all. Probably will do a lot more lurking than commenting until I start needing to find answers I cannot find in the archives. We shall see what the next year will bring. Hopefully fair winds & Godspeed for all.
Stu Bryant, Kamiah, ID
Stu AI7AN

Re: Still dreaming but getting closer

Postby RCfly46 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:45 pm

Stu,

See my ad in the classifieds here for my Waiex A model taildragger project with 100 HP Corvair. Structure complete & rigged, only needs panel, electrical, windscreen/canopy & flat-wrap cowl. Nearly everything to complete included. Take a look!

Joe
Canton, MI
RCfly46

Re: Still dreaming but getting closer

Postby Stu AI7AN » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm

Joe, probably about six months too soon for me but I will absolutely have a look. Thanks!
Stu Bryant, Kamiah, ID
Stu AI7AN

Return to Introductions