Saturday Evening Tie Down

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Saturday Evening Tie Down

Postby mike.smith » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:13 pm

Maybe someone can answer these questions. I don't see anything specific in the NOTAM.

1. If I arrive Saturday the 18th, and plan to park at the Sonex booth area, I assume they will accommodate that? I didn't know if there were any restrictions on when we park there. I have the "Homebuilt Parking SONEX" sign.

2. I don't seen any guidance on taxiing across the airport for the Sunday morning Homecoming. There are lots of departure instructions, but if we're just taxiing across, how do we do that? I have the "Local Traffic East T-Hangers" sign.
Mike Smith
Sonex N439M
Scratch built, AeroVee, Dual stick, Tail dragger
http://www.mykitlog.com/mikesmith
mike.smith

Re: Saturday Evening Tie Down

Postby MichaelFarley56 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:20 pm

Hey Mike,

Yes they will accomodate you parking at the booth display area on Saturday or whenever you get there. Just have the 'HBP-Sonex' sign and they'll direct you right to it. That's what I've done the last few years.

On Sunday morning, just go out, untie your airplane and push it to the grass area short of the taxiway. Then when you're ready, find a parking flagman and explain what you want to do. They'll have you fire up and direct you right over to the Sonex area.

Hope to see you there!
Mike Farley
Waiex #0056 - N569KM
Jabiru 3300A #1706
MGL Panel
MichaelFarley56

Re: Saturday Evening Tie Down

Postby mike.smith » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:21 pm

Thanks for the input!
Mike Smith
Sonex N439M
Scratch built, AeroVee, Dual stick, Tail dragger