Update navworx adsb boxes

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Re: Update navworx adsb boxes

Postby kevinh » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:33 pm

mike.smith wrote:So what else is out there on the experimental side, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and will display on an Android device via Bluetooth or WiFi?

I've heard from fellow droneish sw types (who have used their drone product) that the following device will be priced aggressively (this is a 2020 compliant in/out solution):

http://www.uavionix.com/products/echo-atu-20/
Last edited by kevinh on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taildragger Waiex in progress, tail done, wings done, about to mate wings to fuse,
then cowl, canopy, paint (photos): flush rivets, turbo aerovee, acro ailerons
(I built my RV7A and happily flew it for about 500 hrs)
kevinh

Postby WaiexN143NM » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:35 pm

Hi all,
We have the full dynon in our waiex, with the new dynon gps 2020. The navworx box was for fathers vari-eze. I hope by jan1 2020 we'll have that one figured out. People may want to wait till oshkosh this year to make sure mfgr is in compliance, get show specials, or maybe even win a free adsb box in one of the many raffles. Maybe more offerings then too. Any one else want to reccomend any system that is adsb in/out?
WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby mike.smith » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:49 pm

WaiexN143NM wrote: I was checking out the iLevel stuff on line the other day. Take a look mike. Any have this equipment or know any info on these products ?

I believe all their products are classified as portable, and therefore do not have ADSB-Out. Therefore they do not meet the 2020 mandate. And even if you don't want a device with ADSB-out, MOST of the aircraft around you will not be displayed if you do not. The FAA requires ADSB-out for the box to receive all the positions of aircraft around you. ADSB-in (only) is great for receiving weather data, but it gives a false sense of security if you are looking for traffic information.
Mike Smith
Sonex N439M
Scratch built, AeroVee, Dual stick, Tail dragger
http://www.mykitlog.com/mikesmith
mike.smith

Postby WaiexN143NM » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:52 am

Hi mike,
Take a look at new iLevel 3-AW , adsb out for experimentals.. We are waiting for the navworx pieces to be picked up. See what we can do with the adsb600XP.

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby WaiexN143NM » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:06 pm

Hi kevin,
Thanks for the info on uavionix. Well be waiting for the pricing!

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby JohnAJohnson » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:49 pm

Michael,
Your post below has stirred up a bit of conversation on the various forums. Within 12 hours of your post, one of the guys on vansairforce (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/s ... rx&page=31) texted with Bill Moffit and had this to say:

I just got a text from Bill on this story and he said he has not talked to AOPA and that NAVWORX has not ceased business. Hopefully he will provide an update soon (if he can given the situation he's in).

Cecil

Are you sure Mark Baker stated that Navworx was out of business, or did he simply speculate that they could be headed that way?

WaiexN143NM wrote:Hi all,
Just a quick update. I had 5min direct talk in person with mark baker, pres AOPA the other day. Navworx is done out of business. I've soften my tone a little here too, sounded like a 50/50 share of the blame is faa/navworx. AOPA is working with FAA, and aircraft electronics mfgr's, AEA, to come up with solutions to the 900 adsb boxes that are out there. They are working on it. Somebody will pick up the pieces , as mark put it. Timeline? Cant say. Its too bad it came to this. I shook his hand for the 3rd class medical reform.
One note off this topic, because the other thread got locked. Of the accidents we see in our community, stall/spin, maybe we should all strive to have LRI lift reserve indicators in the panel. No matter what situation we are faced with, you gotta keep it in the green. Ihab, whats going on with airball? Can u enter this years eaa contest again.? Are you still working on a finished unit? Maybe some units for us to test?
Take care everyone, and fly safe.
Michael
JohnAJohnson

Postby Bruce593SX » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:59 pm

WaiexN143NM wrote:Hi mike,
Take a look at new iLevel 3-AW , adsb out for experimentals.. We are waiting for the navworx pieces to be picked up. See what we can do with the adsb600XP.

WaiexN143NM
Michael

There is no "OUT" in this product
Bruce Johnson
Sonex 593 AeroVee Turbo
Plans building near San Antonio, TX
Bruce593SX

Postby WaiexN143NM » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:50 pm

Hi john,
I tried calling navworx,and emailing them. No luck. As others have posted. So speculating theyve gone out of business. Was a very quick conversation with mark baker. He said 'they are done out of business". So i dont know his sources, or contact stream. Bad info to him or is he speculating? I cant answer that. Just what he said. That somebody would be picking up the pieces to help us stranded owners out. He also mentioned its was bad communication between them and the faa to get to this point. If they are still in business, wow great news to hear!! I wish them the best and hope they can stick around. I wish they would post on their website an update. If someone calls and gets thru to them or has an email go thru, im sure would be great news!! Good luck to bill moffitt.
Waiting patiently for an answer from bill moffitt! Best of luck !
Thanks john for posting the link, to vans airforce. 32 pages on this topic, very interesting reading.
All i can quote is the few comments mark baker said. I cant give u a source of his information on this topic. Only he could. If bill moffitt is still in business , no offense given.
WaiexN143NM
Michael
Last edited by WaiexN143NM on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WaiexN143NM

Postby JohnAJohnson » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:17 pm

Thank you Michael
JohnAJohnson

Postby WaiexN143NM » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:36 pm

Hi bruce,
Am i misreading their website, iLevel or not comprehending correctly whats listed, ie the new iLevel3 AW with optional certified gps source(like the new trig tn72 unit) would meet the requirements and be adsb out? For experimentals?

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion