Update navworx adsb boxes

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Re: Update navworx adsb boxes

Postby andrewp » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:52 am

WaiexN143NM wrote:Hi all,
Just read the vans site. Very big news thur nov 2. Not posted on dallas avionics or Uavionics web sites yet. Discounted systems on Uavionics systems, plug and play to match navworxs harness, or reg harness. If you go to page 5 of this thread, go to the vans link, then look at the bottom of page and small link for next thread. Hit that scrollthu thepages, it will have the press release and all the info. Maybe someone could post a direct link. Im only on my ipad.
Dana, dont know if you copied down your old serial #. Press release said discount to owners of exp navworx boxes w serial #. But then the question came up about people who paid and never received anything. They dont have a serial #. Discounts about $400. Depending which bundle you pick.
Mike smith you may have jumped the gun.
Andrew P. , press release said something coming for certified units in a couple weeks.
Offer valid till dec 31. Thru dalllas avionics.
Dont throw out the old navworx stuff, as i said john austin is asking the faa to ammend the ad so that the boxes could be used for adsb in only.
Ugh. Anyone else out there have a navworx box besides me, andrew, dana , or mike?

WaiexN143NM
Michael

Hey, thanks for that info. I was slowly going to push on with the AMOC for our 182 (we have a Garmin 430W), but I will be interested in what Dallas has to say. The main issue with certified is that whatever it costs to buy the box, it is that again to install it ;-).... still, interested to see where they go.

I should say that my current ADSB for the sonex is a raspberry pi ... I just have to fly with someone else close by!

CHeers,

Andrew
andrewp

Postby Gripdana » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:40 am

I may go with a sandia 360R and a GPS source from MGL. As far as a moving map I’m thinking of going to the MGL Discovery lite maybe. I have a sandia remote transponder installed now and like the way it works with the MGL EFIS. But that said I won’t be equipping until December 2019. Why rush now. Rushing to equip did not work out for me so far.
Dana Baker
Scratch Built
First Flight March 8, 2015
Sonex #1534 - N1534S "Aluminum Foil"
Aerovee-Dual Controls-Tail Dragger
Gripdana

Postby Gripdana » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:39 am

I have tried to contact Dallas Avionics to talk about my ADS-B options and see what they can offer me with or without some cost relief. I was considering purchasing the Uavionics through them even without a "Navworx" discount. Repeated emails and phone messages have gone completely unanswered. I have to say that I won't be giving Dallas Avionics any of my business. I'll just stick with MGL for the Uavionics system. Matt always answers or returns emails or phone calls promptly and is very helpful solving any issues or installation questions. I can keep my Sandia 165R mode c transponder and can use the existing EFIS to control all.
Dana Baker
Scratch Built
First Flight March 8, 2015
Sonex #1534 - N1534S "Aluminum Foil"
Aerovee-Dual Controls-Tail Dragger
Gripdana

Postby WaiexN143NM » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:54 am

Hi all
FYI, john austin from the zenith boards, has gotten approval for a global amoc from the fort worth faa aco office for the navworx adsb -600 exp box to be used as a receiver only. No transmit. U would still have to comply by jan 1 2020 for adsb out, like a uAvionix sky beacon. Also no tis-b traffic unless another aircraft in area to share the data. Fis data avbl full time.
John has a zenith stol 750, and is the moderator of the boards on the zenith site.
See www.zenair.com
Scrool down click on link to access
the boards and look for his post dec. 26.
Dont know if this will help anyone.

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby Bruce593SX » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:59 pm

You don’t need ANYONES approval for what you choose to receive ADS-B in... in an experimental you can use a coat hanger if you can get it to work.
Bruce Johnson
Sonex 593 AeroVee Turbo
Plans building near San Antonio, TX
Bruce593SX

Postby WaiexN143NM » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:01 am

Hi bruce,
Actually in this case you do. Because of the FAA ad 2017-11-11, the faa mandated removal or disable the navworx ads-600-EXP unit, by 11 jan 2018. What john austin did was apply 26 oct 2017 for a global faa amoc (alt method of compliance) so that not only him , but anyone could use the navworx box as adsb in only, and to be able then to keep the box in the plane and connected to power.
The faa approval came dec 18 2017. John posted the faa letter on the zenith site, dec 26 2017.
. Reading it will certainly explain this unique situation.

WaiexN143NM
Michael.
WaiexN143NM

Previous

Return to General Discussion