Update navworx adsb boxes

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Re: Update navworx adsb boxes

Postby Gripdana » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:56 am

I checked out the Navworx web site and found the following. This looks promising.

NavWorx Customers & Dealers
To All Our Valued Customers,

I want to thank everyone for their continued patience pertaining to this ongoing situation. Over the course of the past several months NavWorx has weathered extreme difficulties in tirelessly defending and resolving the ongoing actions against us. As a direct result of your comments on the proposed AD action, enlisted help from industry professionals to include the (AEA) Aircraft Electronics Association, Dallas Avionics, Inc., and our Dealers, I am extremely pleased to announce that we are moving forward with our plans to resolve the current issue for our products.

Very soon we will release our program details that will outline the entire resolution ranging from simple software updates to system exchanges. In addition, we will be re-opening all our lines of communication to ensure the seamless customer service throughout this process minimizing any frustrations you may encounter.

I, along with the entire staff of NavWorx, are committed to providing the industry with the most “Affordable” ADS-B systems for many years to come.

In addition, NavWorx, along with our distributor (Dallas Avionics, Inc.) look forward to seeing all of you in 2017.

Again, I sincerely thank all of you for your continued patience.

Bill Moffitt
President,
NavWorx Incorporated
Dana Baker
Scratch Built
First Flight March 8, 2015
Sonex #1534 - N1534S "Aluminum Foil"
Aerovee-Dual Controls-Tail Dragger
Gripdana

Postby WaiexN143NM » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:15 am

Hi all, dana,
I saw that post also a few days ago on the navworx site. Im keeping fingers crossed, but not holding my breath! We shall see!!

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby Gripdana » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:51 am

The majority of the comments on the proposed AD were in favor of the FAA coming to a settlement that would benefit GA. AOPA made a great argument in favor of Navworx staying in business and resolving the issue. I have a new in the box EXP and am waiting to see how this plays out. If I have to get something replaced (fixed or upgraded) I don't mind waiting.
Dana Baker
Scratch Built
Gripdana

Postby WaiexN143NM » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:56 am

Hi dana,
I think that eventually we will be able to use our navworx boxes, Its just going to take some time.

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby WaiexN143NM » Mon May 15, 2017 9:15 pm

Hi all,
Just ressurecting this thread. The link to vans on page 5 in a post in this thread. Good reading for those interested in the navworx fiasco.

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby WaiexN143NM » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:46 am

Hi all,
Just ressurecting this thread. On page 5 you'll find a direct link to the vans site on this subject. Lots of pages and reading. Lots of good posts. Enjoy. Dont know if its financially feasible for another company to come up with a fix. I know a year ago mark baker, aopa was working with the AEA to help come up with a fix. I know theres many other options avbl now, but still keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck to all that own a navworx box.

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby gcm52 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:46 am

Navworx out of business. From their website:

Navworx

The ADS600-B Gen 2.0 product utilizes a GPS module from a third-party vendor. Although the vendor represented their GPS module met 14 CFR 91.227, the FAA recently determined the GPS module does not meet 14 CFR 91.227.

We are unable to sell the ADS600-B, or provide AD updates, for either certified or experimental aircraft.

Therefore, we are not currently conducting any business and have ceased operations.

We will provide updates if they become available.
George Mueller
Onex Trigear
Rotax 912 ULS
gcm52

Postby Gripdana » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:40 pm

Wow. I have been in contact with Bill Moffitt. I received my EXP the day the AD was announced. I saw they had a new EXP unit and Bill told me he would send it out. I sent back the old unit which was still in the original box. I thought it was worked out. Now I have no paperweight and no money. What a fiasco. I sent an email to Bill Just now asking about the status of my situation and the email was rejected. This sucks.
Dana Baker
Scratch Built
Gripdana

Postby WaiexN143NM » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:27 pm

Hi all, mike smith, dana baker, andrew pearson, anyone else with a navworx box,
The only scenario i see is mark baker and jack pelton asking the AEA to help out and get some established avionics mfgr. To rescue us. Ugh. I know it sucks. Here everyone tried to take the high road, be patient, and give bill moffit a chance. What a let down. I have a few friends in the avionics industry. When i mention navworx they just roll their eyes, words dont have to be spoken.
Wow is right. Bill moffitt=jim bede. Take the customers money and run. Blame it on everyone else. Do these guys own a mirror? Gee maybe they should look into it.......very deeply........
Ok the fixes were there we just need a faa approved chip.........any avionics mfgr.....pls help us get our adsb boxes installed and enjoy the benefits of a working unit.
I hope bill moffitt stands aside and does not impede someone helping us. That would be the last straw.
With fingers crossed,

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby WaiexN143NM » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:07 pm

Hi all,
Bill moffitt i challange u to be a stand up guy. Source some appvd chips like other mfgr's use. Make it right. Dont blame any one else except your self . Get off your ass and excuses. Otherwise the whole world will know you are a putz.

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion