Aerovee parts supplier

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Re: Aerovee parts supplier

Postby Archer123 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:54 am

Area 51 - I would love to stop by and see your project if possible. I'm on the fence between buying or building...I'm based at 28J.

Thanks !
Archer123

Postby Area 51% » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:16 am

Always good to have another option for parts. Thanks.
Area 51%

Postby Area 51% » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:42 am

Would be happy to have you. I'll PM the address.
Area 51%

Postby Area 51% » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:58 am

Here's a real shocker...................the parts I waited 6 months for have been recalled.
Area 51%

Postby MichaelFarley56 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:23 am

Area 51% wrote:Here's a real shocker...................the parts I waited 6 months for have been recalled.

I’m sorry to hear that! Just to clarify, which parts have been recalled? Any reason as to why?
Mike Farley
Waiex #0056 - N569KM
Jabiru 3300A #1706
MGL Panel
MichaelFarley56

Postby SonexFactoryTech » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:12 pm

Area 51% wrote:Here's a real shocker...................the parts I waited 6 months for have been recalled.

Sadly, this post seeks a reaction by omitting some (all) of the details.

We identified a manufacturing error in our secondary ignition modules last Friday (01/26/2018) and immediately developed a plan to have them corrected. A manufacturing partner spent the weekend correcting the parts. Yesterday morning (01/31/2018) an email was sent to each impacted customer (we did this proactively, if you did not get the email you were not impacted) telling them of the error, apologizing for the error, and telling them that replacement parts were being shipped immediately and a UPS call tag would be included with the shipment so they could return the defective part.

No cover-ups, no intent to screw anyone, an honest manufacturing error that has been identified and corrected and all impacted customers will see their replacement parts soon.

Sonex Aircraft
SonexFactoryTech

Postby Area 51% » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:57 am

Not exactly sure what information I left out. Component of kit not available for 180 days. Part arrives 14 days ago. Recall of part issued 3 days ago. Still no viable ignition module.
Area 51%

Postby SonexN76ET » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:50 pm

It is not uncommon in the experimental world and aviation in general to have long lead times. You have to plan your purchases in advance. Propellers in particular can have lead times of six months routinely unless the manufacturer has it in stock.

Please watch your accusatory comments as you are not just hurting the manufacturer but all builders and owners. We are all in this together.

Jake
Sonex Tri Gear, Rotax 912 ULS, Sensenich 3 Blade Ground Adjustable Propeller
MGL Velocity EMS, Garmin GTR 200 Comm, GTX 335 ADS B Out Transponder
ILevil AW AHRS & ADS-B In, UAvionix AV20S
200+ hours previously with Aerovee engine
Sarasota, Florida
SonexN76ET

Postby daleandee » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:51 pm

SonexFactoryTech wrote:Sadly, this post seeks a reaction by omitting some (all) of the details.

SonexN76ET wrote:Please watch your accusatory comments as you are not just hurting the manufacturer but all builders and owners. We are all in this together.

I agree ...

Dale Williams
N319WF @ 6J2
Myunn - "daughter of Cleanex"
120 HP - 3.0 Corvair
Tail Wheel - Center Stick
Signature Finish 2200 Paint Job
168.7 hours / Status - Flying
Member # 109 - Florida Sonex Association
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VP7UYEqQ-g
daleandee

Postby WaiexN143NM » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:19 am

Hi all,
All good posts, but.........in randys defense.......
If you read back all his posts and fustration, put yourself in his shoes as a customer. He paid good money for an engine kit. Promised at purchase time at airventure 2017 was a sept 2017 delivery. He then had troubles with the case. He then had trouble with a rusty crankshaft. Hes been wanting to assemble his engine. Eager and excited like the rest of you did. Another big accomplishment to check off. Hes been waiting for the rest of the parts for 4 months .......then gets a recall.

In sonex's defense..........we dont know why some of the vendors got so far behind. And randys earlier post said the parts were recalled, but in actuality, was just the ignition modules. Sonex was pro active and honest and speedy on the remedy. I hope randy receives his modules any day now.
Fustrating? Yes. For everyone.
As a suggestion to mark S. Think of a better QC check system on incoming vendor parts. 2 sets of eyes are better than one. Better to catch substandard stuff on the frontside, rather then shipped, customer upset, tech support, emails , time, more return shipping fees, parts replaced, more shipping fees, ...........and jaded customers.
Again just my suggestion, someone may have a better idea.

WaiexN143NM
Michael.
WaiexN143NM

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion