Roll Autopilot Installation

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Re: Roll Autopilot Installation

Postby n307tw » Sat May 04, 2019 9:32 am

Gordon,

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I had to comment on your roll servo placement. I decided to go the Garmin route and just started getting deliveries - feel like a kid on Christmas. When I was deciding on wiring I thought I would wire it up for future placement and put the servos under the seat. However, on the B-Model the lowered seat is standard and the seat pan is 'permanently' riveted. I dont like the idea of a ton of access panels in the seat pan. I ran across your post and love the idea and said screw it I'll just buy the servos now and be done with it. I have the left wing open and will be putting it over there. Used your post guidance and got the RV-6 roll kit. Did you stiffen the web with a back plate there on the wing? I am just curious if it is strong enough. Also do you have any tips or pictures of your pitch servo? I bought the RV 6,8,10 kit for pitch and hoping that works. Nicely done and thanks for sharing with us!

-Tim
Tim Wrede
Long Island, NY
Sonex-B #18, Nosedragger
Aeromomentum AM15, Garmin G3X
My Build Site
n307tw

Re: Roll Autopilot Installation

Postby GordonTurner » Sat May 04, 2019 11:52 am

Hi Tim

Yes, I added a stiffener to the front side of the web. The installation feels very sturdy and no flex. Pm me your email and I will send pictures.
Waiex 158 New York. N88YX registered.
3.0 Liter Corvair built, run, and installed.
Garmin panel, Shorai LiFePo batteries.
GordonTurner

Roll Autopilot Installation

Postby n307tw » Sat May 04, 2019 12:07 pm

PM sent. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tim Wrede
Long Island, NY
Sonex-B #18, Nosedragger
Aeromomentum AM15, Garmin G3X
My Build Site
n307tw