Sonex owner near Daytona FL

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Sonex owner near Daytona FL

Postby jellery » Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:23 pm

Hi,

I'm a student pilot living in the Daytona Beach area. I'm very interested in a Sonex as my first plane but would like to look at one in person. Does anyone in the forum own any Sonex model that I can take a look at and maybe sit in? I can travel a little ways if someone can accommodate.

Thanks in advance.

Justin
jellery

Re: Sonex owner near Daytona FL

Postby Bryan Cotton » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:51 pm

Justin,
Welcome to the forum! You can search for builders local to you here:
https://www.sonexaircraft.com/search-home/
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Taildragger, Aerovee, acro ailerons
dual sticks with sport trainer controls
Prebuilt spars and machined angle kit
Year 2 flying and approaching 200 hours December 23
Bryan Cotton

Postby racaldwell » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:58 pm

Hi Justin,

I have my Xenos motorglider based at the Melbourne airport. I am in my hangar about every day working on some airplane project (currently a RV-14 tailcone.) You are welcome to fly down for a visit.

There is a Sonex A under construction here also that just got the Jabiru 3300 installed. There is a Onex with an Aerovee in Valkaria that is near 1st flight but the builder is too big to fit so he is looking for somebody to accomplish phase 1 then he is selling it.

Rick Caldwell
Xenos 0057 CAMit 3300 75 hrs engine time
racaldwell

Postby tps8903 » Tue May 02, 2023 3:23 pm

jellery wrote:Hi,

I'm a student pilot living in the Daytona Beach area. I'm very interested in a Sonex as my first plane but would like to look at one in person. Does anyone in the forum own any Sonex model that I can take a look at and maybe sit in? I can travel a little ways if someone can accommodate.

Thanks in advance.

Justin

I'm at X61 in Apopka. I fly to DeLand EAA meetings Monthly a KDED. We can arrange a meet there. It's about 30 min drive from Daytona. If you are at ERU one of your professors is an executive of our EAA chapter, might be worth looking him up.
Chris Morris
Sonex N998PC - SOLD!
Sonex #1732 - Aerovee Turbo
Central Florida
tps8903

Return to General Discussion