I need help! But not what you think!!

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

I need help! But not what you think!!

Postby n502pd » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:24 pm

OK, I have been flying for a few years, and am now in a position to want to run a digital picture frame of images and info on my build. I used Mykitlog.com, and my data is still on that site. I do have paper copies if everything I posted. The problem is, since I have not added to my log for a while, I no longer have any access to do that log, as the site indicates I am 'invalid', and kitlog is unresponsive to my calls for assistance. I have left emails and called on the phone...no response. So, in order to get a complete download on a thumb drive, I need access, of course.

The call for help is...does anyone know how I can proceed without having to ante up more gas monies to kitlog? I would appreciate any emails, tele numbers, persons to contact, that can help me!

Thanks much!
Joe Nelsen
scratch built :D
Sirpeedee, N502PD, s/n 1510, Aero Vee 2.1 s/n 0870,
ADS-B in (Stratux)/out(SkyBeacon)
Flying @78.2
KGYI/N. Tx Reg/Perrin Field
EAA Technical Counselor, Chapter 323, Sherman, TX
n502pd

Re: I need help! But not what you think!!

Postby dxlusby84 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:44 am

Hey Joe,

Is this your log? http://www.mykitlog.com/users/category. ... category=0

It would appear that your log was publicly published, and an awful lot of the pictures are available through your 200+ log entries! While it would certainly be a pain to browse each one and download the pictures individually, it could be done... Will that work for you?
dxlusby84

Postby n502pd » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:13 pm

Yes, that is my log. I dont think individual pictures and dialogue will work. What I need is a way to be able to dounload the entire kitlog data for my build. Is that possible, even with a specific password authorization from kitlog? I dont want to remove my data from kitlog, just copy it

And, thanks for the response!
Joe Nelsen
Flying @78.2
n502pd

Postby dxlusby84 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:19 pm

Howdy Joe,

I notice that kitlog.com and mykitlog.com are both owned by Matronics (http://www.matronics.com/). While the phone # for the matronics sales line is the same as the # listed on kitlog.com (confirming the link), the contact emails on the matronics website are different than those for the kitlog website. If you haven't already tried, hit the matronics email up (sales@matronics.com) and give it a couple days for response?

If that fails, or if you want to take two swings at contact - the matronics online order page (http://www.matronics.com/order/) has the company president's email on it - Matt Dralle. Matt apparently used his kitlog to build his RV-6 (http://www.mykitlog.com/MattsRV6) and a few other references to an RV-8...

I can't promise much, but if you could join a zoom screen sharing session or something to show me your login experience and errors, we could try to work through it (I work in IT and can rule out some of the basics). I'll send you a direct message with my phone # so we can coordinate.
dxlusby84

Postby n502pd » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:51 pm

Thanks very much! I have tried leaving email, and listed phone number, but as I said, no response. It will take me a couple of days or so to get to this...busy with helping builders and repair advice. I am aware of matronics involvement here.

again, thanks !!
Joe Nelsen
Flying @78.2
n502pd

Return to General Discussion