Peter Anson Canopy latch

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Peter Anson Canopy latch

Postby T41pilot » Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:45 am

Has anyone installed the Peter Anson canopy latch for the B model? According to his instructions, the latch assembly gets located right where the forward alignment pin for the canopy is located. The pin would either have to be removed, unscrewed flush with the top of the rail or the threads cut off flush with the top of the rail to make it work. I'm not keen on removing the pin altogether which means that altering the pin does not leave much thread on it to hold it to the rail. Granted in its present state, the same amount of thread is providing minimal grip but it does allow some room for adjustment. I suppose some thread locker would be needed if it gets cut down. What have others done here?
Attachments
IMG_20230617_140100276.jpg
Gregg Kaat
Sonex B #0014
T41pilot

Re: Peter Anson Canopy latch

Postby JFYrineo » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:42 pm

I just built my SonexB canopy and installed the Peter Anson latch. I just moved the locating pin forward ahead of the Ansonlatch block and drilled/tapped then installed the pin. Worked fine
JFYrineo

Re: Peter Anson Canopy latch

Postby T41pilot » Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:44 pm

That actually occurred to me after I posted. Good to know that it will work. Thanks for the tip!
Gregg Kaat
Sonex B #0014
T41pilot

Return to General Discussion