Sonex Legacy dual control wiring

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Sonex Legacy dual control wiring

Postby Nick » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:06 am

Hi everyone, I am building a Waiex Legacy and doing the panel wiring. I was planning on doing the control stick com button by running the wire through the control stick itself. But no hole in bottom. I am planning on drilling my own hole but wondering what others have done. Any suggestions is appreciated. Thanks

Nick
Nick
Legacy Sonex Waiex 0179
Jabiru 3300 Gen1 Rotec WCH, EI, TBI
N908WX
Nick

Re: Sonex Legacy dual control wiring

Postby Bryan Cotton » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:33 am

You mean you didn't read page 118 of my thread? Here you go:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=578&start=1170

Shows my location, grommet, and tooling. I used 2 pin Dean connectors so I can remove the sticks. Came in handy when ballasted up in phase 1.
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Taildragger, Aerovee, acro ailerons
dual sticks with sport trainer controls
Prebuilt spars and machined angle kit
Year 2 flying and approaching 200 hours December 23
Bryan Cotton

Re: Sonex Legacy dual control wiring

Postby Nick » Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:20 pm

Thanks for the info, I went through the thread you sent me. That's exactly what I did today. So I'm glad I didn't screw up. I will take some pictures of what I did to plug my headsets behind each pilot. I like the headset hangers you made I may copy that. I am not much of a picture taker or a blog person but I have been following you and others talking back and forth. I have also watched your flights on you tube and Subscribed. I am almost finished with the wiring of my panel. I'll try to send some pictures of that. I made it so it's removable for what ever with just 6 screws. I am using a MGL MX1, RDAC, V6 radio and Ahars built in. I have the wings completely built and 1 1/2 polished, at least started polished. The fuselage is 95% done. I hope to start the engine, Jabiru 3300A, when I am done wiring. Buy the way I went with the Rotec Water cooled heads, Ignition and TBI Carb. Also bought an Alternator from them but will not fit a 3300, so I will be selling soon. So anyway thanks for your input and look forward to more. Thanks Nick
Nick
Legacy Sonex Waiex 0179
Jabiru 3300 Gen1 Rotec WCH, EI, TBI
N908WX
Nick

Return to General Discussion