Stick Grip Recommendations?

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Stick Grip Recommendations?

Postby XenosN42 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:28 pm

Does anyone have any recommendations for stick grips?

My requirements are: PPT, two top mounted switches, and durable enough to last more than two or three hundred presses. Ray Allen doesn't fit those criteria. Is anybody using anything else that has lasted and they would recommend?
-- Michael
OneX N169XE
author of the 'Flight Data Viewer'
XenosN42

Re: Stick Grip Recommendations?

Postby XenosN42 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:21 pm

I asked this same question on FaceBook and 'Tosten Mfg' was recommended. Looks like the buttons are bigger and therefore hopefully better built than those in the Ray Allen offerings. I'll order the CS-4 grip, which has two front mount PPT buttons (one I'll use for PTT) and two top mounted buttons.
-- Michael
OneX N169XE
author of the 'Flight Data Viewer'
XenosN42

Postby daleandee » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:12 pm

FWIW I've used a Ray Allen stick grip for over 11 years with zero issues. If I were looking to upgrade my fighter aircraft I'd consider one of these:

https://infinityaerospace.com/product/f ... ick-grips/

Dale
3.0 Corvair/Tailwheel
daleandee

Postby pappas » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:58 am

I have used Tosten grips on both my Waiex's. I used Infinity on both my RV-8 and RV-7A. For me, the Tosten grip fits better with the size of the Waiex/Sonex. The Infinity seemed to be aesthetically too big in the Sonex cockpit. The RV's are larger inside and it.

Both are great quality but, I think I like the finish and look of the Tosten Military Style Grip best.
Lou Pappas
Phoenix, AZ
RV-7A (Building)
Waiex B Turbo
RV-8
Waiex Legacy 3300
Hiperlight SNS-9
Falcon Ultralight[/b]
pappas

Return to General Discussion