Solidworks 3D experience

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Solidworks 3D experience

Postby peter anson » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:14 pm

Has anyone been able to get this to run successfully? I have been using it for the past couple of years but the 2024 version is at best a nightmare. I even bought a new computer to meet their very limited graphics driver requirements (to replace an already pretty powerful computer). Getting the program to open is a major achievement and actually opening a drawing is a cause for celebration.

Peter
peter anson

Re: Solidworks 3D experience

Postby BRS » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:57 pm

I tried solidworks a year ago and felt it was too professional (hard to learn) for my needs. Ended up settling on Shapr3d. A real amazing program. Though it is multi platform and is fine on my MS Surface, it really shines on iPad with a stylus. So if you get fed up with solidworks give this a try.
Attachments
snout (2)-2024-01-28 195509.jpg
A recent part that I drew on Shapr3D then printed for my sonex
-Brock
Sonex-A (s/n 1013)
R2300, P-tip 54/50
Center Stick
V16, TT22
BRS

Re: Solidworks 3D experience

Postby gammaxy » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:57 am

Yeah, the Solidworks 3DExperience stuff totally wrecked it for me. I also can't figure out how to consistently use it, and the majority of the discussions in their forums also seem to be people complaining.

I've migrated to OnShape and find it very good for all my hobby needs. Never would have expected a browser-based CAD to be any good, but it's really excellent (which is funny, because I feel like that's exactly what 3DExperience is trying to be, but failing miserably at).
Chris Madsen
Aerovee Sonex N256CM
Flying since September 2014
Build log: http://chrismadsen.org
gammaxy

Return to General Discussion