Seat pan

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Seat pan

Postby dboeshaar » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:22 am

How will I know when I'm ready to install the seat pan?

My guess is that the seat pan must be installed before I install the glare shield and gas tank.

Dkb
==============================================================
David Boeshaar
KWHP
TDAIRCRAFT.COM
My Greatest Fear: What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
==============================================================
dboeshaar

Re: Seat pan

Postby karmarepair » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:22 pm

The pan on my plane is assembled, and the hinge halves are on the fuselage, and it has been in and out several times, and it's a PITA to do so, and so I'm leaving it OUT until just before my first flight. The ADC for my Dynon Skyview lives under there, my roll autopilot servo, routing for brake line, you'll need to tweak the flap and aileron linkages when you put the wings on, etc.

I have a plywood seat, and a similar "work platform" that bear on the fwd spar carry through and the FLOOR of the fuselage (NOT the rear carry through) if I need to access either under the panel or back in the tailcone.
karmarepair

Re: Seat pan

Postby Bryan Cotton » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:15 pm

I don't know if the B model seat pan is hugely different from the A model, but I'd say it is something you can put in as soon as you want to sit in it. Removing and replacing my seat pan is very easy. I've done it hundreds of times by now. It's 6 pins. I also have a plywood work surface but mine bridges between the front and rear spar carrythoughs and that seems to work fine for me. I have dual controls so there is a slot for the stick.

The key thing to leave off is the floors. Wait until the inspector is traveling to the hangar for airworthiness inspection before you rivet them on.
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Taildragger, Aerovee, acro ailerons
dual sticks with sport trainer controls
Prebuilt spars and machined angle kit
Year 2 flying and approaching 200 hours December 23
Bryan Cotton

Return to General Discussion