Where is everybody?

Announce and discuss upcoming fly-ins

Where is everybody?

Postby EdW » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:45 am

I see lots of get togethers from past years, and a (darn) few from this year, excepting SNF and OSH. Where is everyone going to work on their bragging rights?

I understand that the ASA is, basically, no more. RATS! Just about the time I really get going, everyone bails.

A suggestion to mull over during the fall/winter.

I'm not a planner/coordinator/honcho type for a fly in, but what about an unofficial gathering of liars on the left side of Tennessee next spring? Sort of a 'Bring your Sonex and a whopper' weekend, or at least Saturday. KFYE, Fayette County Municipal, Somerville is an all weather field just outside the Memphis Class B airspace, with a runway long and wide enough for just about any of us (5,000x75 feet), even got us one of them newfangled GPS approaches.

Maybe we could coordinate with the local EAA chapter, be their 'show and tell' for one of their spring meetings. Might even talk them into a pancake breakfast.

I'm thinking a couple weeks before SNF for a tentative date.

Anybody?

Ed
N???NX
Onex 209 with too many prospective names
Just east of Graceland
EdW

Re: Where is everybody?

Postby Stogie6 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:41 am

Ed,
I have been thinking along the same idea. I wonder if it was over on my side of Class B at KAWM (West Memphis)? Runway is 6,003 in length, large hangar for overnighting - pending any coordination with staff, hotel/motels close as is downtown and even DeWitt Spain airport.
Just thinking out loud.
David F. Jones
Memphis (Mud Island), TN
Aerovee powered Onex
N153TD
Based at KAWM and in the midst of Phase 1
Stogie6

Return to Fly-Ins