2019 Midwest Sonex Fly-In

Announce and discuss upcoming fly-ins

Re: 2019 Midwest Sonex Fly-In

Postby JamesHume » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:33 am

Hello Everyone,

I look forward to this year's Fly-In. Last year was my first and I really enjoyed it. I met some wonderful people, pilots, builders, and even the legendary "Jeff". I also met a new friend Mark who lives only 4 miles from me. Even our Sonex planes have become friends and they live just 3 hanger doors from each other at KGLE Gainsville, TX and on occassions they can be seen flying together across the North Texas & South Oklahoma skys.

The Sonex community is a friendly and helpful group and I look forward to seeing everyone. If you are on the fence about coming, then just come and get there how ever you can. I drove last year and I am forever grateful. I also lucked out and was the fortunate recipient of the coveted door prize - the Prince Prop. Lonnie Prince has and continues to be very generous to the Sonex community. He is wonderful to talk to and work with. I upgraded to the P-Tip. Thank you again Lonnie Prince and the Midwest Sonex Fly-In.

I plan to fly in this year off Mark's wing.

James Hume
ONEX R-2300
KGLE
JamesHume

Postby nwawingman » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:12 pm

Hard to believe the 2019 Midwest Sonex Fly-In is less than two months away. Can’t wait to see everyone again! Let’s fill the ramp and have a great time together sharing our Sonex aircraft with other enthusiasts! Love to hear if your making plans to attend.

Have a great spring and hope to see you June 1st Midwest Sonex Fly-in KFYV
Rick and Frank
Rick Wantz - Arkansas
Sonex 367 T/W AeroVee/Aeroinjector - Prince Elliptical Prop <361hrs
1st Flight 7/13 KOSHX3 Young EaglesX14
http://www.mykitlog.com/wingman
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2TNLK ... A63FvnPkNA
nwawingman

Postby Klimek » Sun May 26, 2019 11:42 am

Daring young men in your flying machines!
Front and center on your calendars next weekend, June 1st., the 2nd annual Midwest Sonex Fly-In!
Held again at KFYV, Fayetteville, Ar. at Drake field in the beautiful Ozark mountains, northwest Arkansas.
Fly in, drive in or hike in on the Ozark Highlands Trail. Starting at 8:00 am and ending when the last man standing leaves. Food, hangar talk, air and military museums on the grounds with discounted tickets.
We have some great door prizes once again to be given away including a Prince propeller, avionics discount certificates and tons of Dynon caps and lots of other items donated by aviation suppliers and manufacturers.
Plan to be there as we hope to have several Sonex planes arrive among them famous sky pilot Jeff Schultz. You all know him or have heard his podcasts or asked him for advice when in a tight spot during your build. He is the best NON-PAID employee Sonex has, or is he paid and the US Army just a hobby to support his habits?
If you decide to come in on Friday, Jeff suggested we all gather for a meal somewhere Friday evening. Between Rick and I we have transportation for the evening if needed. Call the Fayetteville FBO at 479-442-5237 for hotel information.
Feel free to call or text me at 479-409-1650 or e-mail at flylite@cox.net for any questions.
Hope to see you there!

Frank “Capt” Klimek
Rick “Baron Von” Wantz
Klimek

Postby radfordc » Sun May 26, 2019 10:28 pm

Hope you guys have a great flyin! Good luck on the weather...it's been crap here in KC for weeks. I was supposed to have the Eindecker at the airshow in Jefferson City, MO this weekend, but that obviously didn't happen.
radfordc

Previous

Return to Fly-Ins