2019 Midwest Sonex Fly-in

Announce and discuss upcoming fly-ins

2019 Midwest Sonex Fly-in

Postby Klimek » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:10 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,
The 2019 Midwest Sonex Fly-In is about 5 weeks away on Saturday June !st. Starting at 8:00 and ending when the last plane leaves, we run out of food or hot air.
We have sponsors donate items to be given as door prizes, among them are:
Aircraft Spruce. A $25.00 gift card, an aluminum water bottle and a USB power outlet adaptor.
Wicks Aircraft Supply. A "Ray Talk" headset and LED flashlight.
Prince Aircraft, Lonnie Prince donated a coupon good for an elliptical propeller for a Sonex aircraft. Lonnie donated a prop last year also. What a guy.
GRT Avionics. They have donated another coupon good for a 50% discount on a Sport EX EFIS Basic package, as they did last year. Jon Francois wants this to be a recurring gift to our Fly-In!
Sonex aircraft will be sending a few items to give away. Where would we be without Sonex?
Great Planes Aircraft will be present and have a display of some type set up for us along with literature.
I have high hopes 3-4 other companies will be sending some gifts also.
Hotels in the area.
The Chancellor Hotel 479-442-5555. $101.00 nightly with a shuttle to and from the airport. It is downtown near shopping and restaurants.
the Hampton Inn. 479-587-8300. No shuttle but is a short UBER ride to downtown for food and shopping.
Please mention the Fayetteville Executive Airport FBO when making reservations.
Please call the Fayetteville Executive Airport FBO 479-443-4343 for more hotel info.
We hope this year is another success as was last year. Feel free to contact either of us for any questions.

See you then and safe flying,

Frank B. Klimek
ONEX N1970T

Rick Wantz
Sonex N367SX
Klimek

Re: 2019 Midwest Sonex Fly-in

Postby sonex1374 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:09 pm

Frank / Rick,

I booked my room at the Econolodge ($60/night) and Isaac and I will arrive in the plane Friday afternoon. We should plan to get everyone together at a local restaurant for dinner to informally kick off the Fly-in. I believe the KC crew is mostly coming down Friday as well, so we'll have a good crowd.

Any chance we can get into that big hangar for the night like last year?

See you guys in a couple weeks!

Jeff
Jeff Shultz
Sonex TD, 3300, AeroInjector
Kansas City, MO
http://www.sonex604.com
sonex1374

Return to Fly-Ins