Midwest Sonex Fly-in June 4th 2022

Announce and discuss upcoming fly-ins

Midwest Sonex Fly-in June 4th 2022

Postby nwawingman » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:03 pm

Midwest Sonex Fly-in is scheduled for Saturday June 4th at Fayetteville, AR Drake Field KFYV. Frank and I are looking forward to seeing all Sonex enthusiasts for another great gathering of our Sonex family! Start making your plans as hotels fill up fast. Fly safe and see you soon!

Event flyer link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CC-tLf ... p=drivesdk

Past Midwest Fly-In photos
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... TOIXJSrDq9
Rick Wantz - Arkansas
Sonex 367 T/W AeroVee/Aeroinjector - Prince Elliptical Prop <361hrs
1st Flight 7/13 KOSHX3 Young EaglesX14
http://www.mykitlog.com/wingman
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2TNLK ... A63FvnPkNA
nwawingman

Re: Midwest Sonex Fly-in June 4th 2022

Postby nwawingman » Tue May 03, 2022 10:20 pm

With just a month till this years Midwest Sonex Fly-In I wanted to give some updates for those of you that are making plans to attend. For those arriving Friday evening, we are planning to meet at Tim’s Pizza on the Fayetteville downtown square at 6pm.
Saturday morning we will be starting at 8am on the Fayetteville Drake field ramp just north of the FBO. If driving you can park at the FBO terminal and walk thru building to the ramp and take a left on the ramp. You should see us setup on the ramp. We will have lunch provided around 11:30am. At that time we will be drawing for door prizes provided by this year’s Sponsors. Lonnie Prince with Prince Aircraft has provided yet again a Free Prince Elliptical prop to one lucky Sonex builder/owner who attends. This will be the 5th Prop Prince Aircraft has given away at the Midwest Sonex Fly-In and We can’t thank Lonnie enough for his continued support of the Sonex building community! GRT Avionics will be giving away $500 coupon off any EFIS system to one lucky Sonex Owner/Builder who attends this year as well. Thank you GRT Avionics for your continued support! Fly safe and hope to see you soon!
Rick Wantz - Arkansas
nwawingman

Postby anauman » Fri May 20, 2022 12:51 pm

Hi all. I am a current PPL and owner of a certified aircraft and I am considering finding and purchasing a flying Sonex (A-model/tailwheel) this year. I have been able to do some very thorough research thanks to this forum, YouTube videos, the Sonex podcast, etc. Unfortunately, I have not yet had the chance to view a Sonex up close. I live in the Dallas, TX area and I'm considering driving to this year's Midwest Fly-In in hopes to view some aircraft and interface with some of you awesome builders/owners. Ideally, it would be great to sit in an A-Model for a few minutes to get an even better perspective. It seems like visitors are welcome in that regard, but I thought I would reach out here just to make sure?? I wouldn't want to intrude of course.
Alan Nauman - Texas - KGPM
Sonex TD S/N 328 - N328SX
Jabiru 3300A, Prince Prop
GRT Sport EX EFIS, GRT EIS
Garmin GTR200B
Terra-250T, EchoUAT/SkyFYX-EXT
Tracy O'Brien Brakes, 5.00x5 Tires
anauman

Postby nwawingman » Fri May 20, 2022 4:32 pm

Yes, all Sonex enthusiast are welcome! Looking forward to meeting you! We have had several Sonex non/builder owners fly in and contribute greatly to our fly-in. Hard to believe this is the 5th year for Frank and I to host the Midwest Sonex Fly-in in Fayetteville AR. Make sure to come join us Friday night at Tim’s Pizza on the Fayetteville downtown square at 6pm if you are able to come in early.
Rick Wantz - Arkansas
nwawingman

Postby Spinnetti » Fri May 20, 2022 9:36 pm

anauman wrote:Hi all. I am a current PPL and owner of a certified aircraft and I am considering finding and purchasing a flying Sonex (A-model/tailwheel) this year. I have been able to do some very thorough research thanks to this forum, YouTube videos, the Sonex podcast, etc. Unfortunately, I have not yet had the chance to view a Sonex up close. I live in the Dallas, TX area and I'm considering driving to this year's Midwest Fly-In in hopes to view some aircraft and interface with some of you awesome builders/owners. Ideally, it would be great to sit in an A-Model for a few minutes to get an even better perspective. It seems like visitors are welcome in that regard, but I thought I would reach out here just to make sure?? I wouldn't want to intrude of course.

In classifieds here, there is someone selling an A model just north of Dallas... check it out - easy way to see one. I'm in Frisco and will probably build a B Waiex starting in a year or two. I've been following a long time, and been the the shop in Oshkosh several times. My heart says to build and RV-8, but the total cost just not really worth it for me I think. I'll probably drive up to Oshkosh this year if it works for my daughters work schedule.
Spinnetti

Postby n502pd » Sat May 21, 2022 8:09 pm

I am also in the greater N dallas ares, between Frisco/Prosper and Sherman. I have a flying A sonex TD (today on ground due to bad ignition coil...waiting on parts), and would welcome you to come visit, sit and yak about Sonex. Mine is scratch built by me, and I have lots of pix to show!j P.M. me with what you wish, and we can get together, except Tue and Thurs this comming week. Love to show and tell!
Joe Nelsen
scratch built :D
Sirpeedee, N502PD, s/n 1510, Aero Vee 2.1 s/n 0870,
ADS-B in (Stratux)/out(SkyBeacon)
Flying @78.2
KGYI/N. Tx Reg/Perrin Field
EAA Technical Counselor, Chapter 323, Sherman, TX
n502pd

Postby anauman » Sun May 22, 2022 9:22 am

nwawingman wrote:Yes, all Sonex enthusiast are welcome! Looking forward to meeting you! We have had several Sonex non/builder owners fly in and contribute greatly to our fly-in. Hard to believe this is the 5th year for Frank and I to host the Midwest Sonex Fly-in in Fayetteville AR. Make sure to come join us Friday night at Tim’s Pizza on the Fayetteville downtown square at 6pm if you are able to come in early.

Awesome, thank you! I'll likely arrive late on Friday, so won't be able to join for PIzza - but I look forward to meeting everyone on Saturday.
Garmin GTR200B
anauman

Postby anauman » Sun May 22, 2022 9:35 am

Spinnetti wrote:
anauman wrote:Hi all. I am a current PPL and owner of a certified aircraft and I am considering finding and purchasing a flying Sonex (A-model/tailwheel) this year. I have been able to do some very thorough research thanks to this forum, YouTube videos, the Sonex podcast, etc. Unfortunately, I have not yet had the chance to view a Sonex up close. I live in the Dallas, TX area and I'm considering driving to this year's Midwest Fly-In in hopes to view some aircraft and interface with some of you awesome builders/owners. Ideally, it would be great to sit in an A-Model for a few minutes to get an even better perspective. It seems like visitors are welcome in that regard, but I thought I would reach out here just to make sure?? I wouldn't want to intrude of course.

In classifieds here, there is someone selling an A model just north of Dallas... check it out - easy way to see one. I'm in Frisco and will probably build a B Waiex starting in a year or two. I've been following a long time, and been the the shop in Oshkosh several times. My heart says to build and RV-8, but the total cost just not really worth it for me I think. I'll probably drive up to Oshkosh this year if it works for my daughters work schedule.

Thanks! I did see the listing for an unfinished kit near Sherman, TX. As much as I would love to tackle a build one day, my short-term goal is to find a complete/flying model (Jab 3300 or Turbo). Good luck with your future project - a B-model would be a great endeavor.
Garmin GTR200B
anauman

Postby anauman » Sun May 22, 2022 9:38 am

n502pd wrote:I am also in the greater N dallas ares, between Frisco/Prosper and Sherman. I have a flying A sonex TD (today on ground due to bad ignition coil...waiting on parts), and would welcome you to come visit, sit and yak about Sonex. Mine is scratch built by me, and I have lots of pix to show!j P.M. me with what you wish, and we can get together, except Tue and Thurs this comming week. Love to show and tell!

Wow, thanks Joe! I'll PM you soon and would love to drop by for a visit!
Garmin GTR200B
anauman

Postby sonex1374 » Wed May 25, 2022 7:42 pm

I'll be flying in Friday afternoon, and joining the gang for pizza Friday evening. I plan to be available to give a couple rides on Saturday to builders or prospective owners, so if that's you and you want a ride, reach out and let me know.

Jeff
Jeff Shultz
Sonex TD, 3300, AeroInjector
Kansas City, MO
http://www.sonex604.com
sonex1374

Next

Return to Fly-Ins