Rotec tbi primer/regulator

Discussion topics to include safety related issues and flight training.

Rotec tbi primer/regulator

Postby WaiexN143NM » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:04 pm

Hi all,
I've had a few recent emails with Paul C. Head of rotec. Many of you may know that there is a design change for the diaphram in the regulator. Mark 1 and 2 design. I believe the website lists the regulator upgrade kit for$175 and shipping as $90 U.S. I got to negoiate with him for a lower price and half the shipping. The new kit has a newer diaphram design and center pin and spring. I felt this was good money spent on being safe. The older design has had some engines quit. Some of you may want to think about upgrading for safety reasons. Some people may think that rotec should be handing out the upgrade kits for free, and as much as i would love a free one, i dont think thats in the cards. I actually like the older mark 1. I can remove the regulator fairly easily and take it over to the work bench.
Paul indicated that he will be bringing these upgrade kits to Sun & Fun. And Osh18. So if you want one and want to save on the shipping , maybe best to send him an email and mark your name down for one.
Paul also indicated that rotec will have a USA rotec distributer in florida in a couple months. That will help us here in the USA for obtaining parts at a much lower shipping cost.
Fly safe!!

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Return to Safety and Training