Anyone in NC, SC or VA

Discussion topics to include safety related issues and flight training.

Anyone in NC, SC or VA

Postby sonex1084 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:10 pm

After 13 years of building I finally got my Airworthiness. It's a long story of flying too much and not building enough. COVID and being out of work helped me get motivated to complete my project. I'm ready to fly and a Sonex builder near me helped greatly by giving me 5 hours of instruction in his plane. I can't tell you how much I appreciate his help. That was a lot to ask of him and I am grateful for the time he devoted to me. Just after I got my airworthiness I kept looking at my plane and said, "What the hell, its just an airplane. Go fly it." Thank God I didn't. After my first flight in a Sonex I quickly realized I would have been a lawn dart if I hadn't had some form of transition training.

Before my first flight I would like to get a few more landings under my belt. If there is anyone in the NC, SC or VA area with a tailwheel Sonex/Waiex who would be willing to work with me for 30 minutes to an hour on a couple landings, I would greatly appreciate it. I feel I would be taking advantage of the fellow who helped me out already because he gave so much of his time to me. I feel guilty asking more from him.

Thanks,
Matt
Matt McKee
Sgt USMC
SGT Raleigh Police Dept
FO GoJet Airlines
Retired Old Man
Sonex 1084
sonex1084

Re: Anyone in NC, SC or VA

Postby gyroron » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:57 am

I am in charlotte and would be willing to help you out. give me a call or text, 704 756 four six zero zero
Ron Awad
Legacy Model Waiex TD
3300 Jabiru
Charlotte NC area
gyroron

Return to Safety and Training