Sonex transition training Salt Lake City

Discussion topics to include safety related issues and flight training.

Sonex transition training Salt Lake City

Postby richkid0808 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:54 pm

Hi Everyone!

I will be purchasing a Sonex in July and was wondering if there is anyone in the Salt Lake'ish area that would be able to provide transition training and/or tail wheel training. The plane itself is located in Texas, has had its first flight but that's about it. Wings are currently off and it will be transported to Utah in an enclosed trailer. I plan on doing the turbo conversion for its aerovee engine, it needs an ADS-B and a new annual. I don't need training in a Sonex for insurance but for safety it would be really nice. Willing to travel for instruction as well.

Thanks!
-Landon Richins
richkid0808

Re: Sonex transition training Salt Lake City

Postby Jlogan1 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:05 pm

Hey Landon, keep in mind you will have to contact your local fsdo and and get a new testing flight area assigned since the airplane hasnt flown its 40hrs it cant be flown outside of its current prescribed testing area in its operating limitations. Good luck on your search for transition training. I was able to fly an hour with another owner before flying mine. Thanks, Jake
Jlogan1

Re: Sonex transition training Salt Lake City

Postby richkid0808 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:31 pm

Thanks for the reply Jake! Yea I should have mentioned, I don't plan on flying this aircraft for some time until I can get everything sorted out, including the operating limitations. But, I would like to be prepared when I can get all these items finished up. If someone did have a Sonex that was available for instruction, that would be amazing. If anyone knows anybody in the area that can help me get my tailwheel endorsement, that is also great.

-Landon
richkid0808

Return to Safety and Training