Transition Training - FAA Topic of the Month Feb 2023

Discussion topics to include safety related issues and flight training.

Transition Training - FAA Topic of the Month Feb 2023

Postby GraemeSmith » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:20 pm

We know - tough to get. But here are some reasons you might want to persevere. Especially after putting all that effort into building your plane.

The FAA Safety Team (those WINGS talks you perhaps go to) has focused on Transition Training for Feb 2023. And in doing so there is some emphasis on both LSA and EXPERIMENTAL where the accident rate is higher - two strikes against us! I'm a volunteer with the program. And while I can give this talk at my airport - I can't do it so easily here. So the attached file is the slide deck, speaker notes and the answers to the questions. The deck has been edited from the "issued" deck to focus on our issues and I've omitted some of the house keeping slides that don't apply in this virtual setting.

So if you would like to go to a "Virtual" seminar on the topic - download the file and sit down and peruse the slides and notes.
Attachments
FAA Transition Training-LowRez.pdf
(1004.82 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
Graeme JW Smith
GraemeSmith

Re: Transition Training - FAA Topic of the Month Feb 2023

Postby pilotyoung » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:39 pm

Mark Schaible was working on getting some CFI's around the country to agree to do transition training in their aircraft. Mark is it possible for your to give a report on your progress on this project here?
pilotyoung

Return to Safety and Training