Sonex 1339 Panel

Panel designs, construction methods, and pictures

Re: Sonex 1339 Panel

Postby NWade » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:31 am

Here are some final shots of the panel, for posterity.

And here's a video of the red LED strip-lighting I installed under the glareshield brow.

For those interested, you can scroll through some close-ups here.

I'm disappointed that the clear coat spray I used seems to be a bit "soft" (instead of being a nice resilient hard shell); but otherwise I think the panel turned out pretty nice!

--Noel
Sonex #1339
NWade

Postby racaldwell » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:30 am

Noel,

That is looking real good.

Do you have the fuel tank straps tightened up? This past weekend I noticed when I reinstalled my blank panel that the fuel tank warped the glareshield such that there is a 1/4" gap in the upper right corner of the panel. I am going to have to install the panel with the fuel tank removed (or loose) so the panel fits the glareshield. Another one of those learning experiences. I just think I will not be able to tighten the tank straps as much as I did so as to make a 0.030" gap between the tank and the firewall tube. Do you have a gap between the tank and the tube? If not, what do you have to reduce chafing?

Rick Caldwell
Xenos 0057
racaldwell

Postby XenosN42 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:00 am

Hi Noel,

Very nicely designed panel, one of the best I've seen.

I see you have a MGL EFIS. Do you plan on using the 'Flight Data Viewer' to archive and analyze your engine and flight data? http://jasflyer.com/

-- Michael
OneX N169XE
-- Michael
OneX N169XE
author of the 'Flight Data Viewer'
XenosN42

Previous

Return to Panel