Microair M760 Intercom

Discussion of Avionics and Flight Instruments. Such as: EFIS, EIS, GPS, COM, NAV, Antennas, Audio Panels, Steam Gauges

Microair M760 Intercom

Postby chris » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:02 pm

I won't be installing this for probably a couple years... but for planning purposes... I have a Microair m760. It is an older version. REV N. How are the built in intercoms on these? Would you use it or buy a stand alone intercom?
Chris
Sonex 1409
Slowly Scratch Building
Site Owner/Admin
chris
Site Admin

Re: Microair M760 Intercom

Postby MichaelFarley56 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:16 pm

If I recall, I believe that Tony Spicer had one in his Sonex and in his video he mentioned that the radio itself is great but the intercom is not voice activated. You need to have a switch for it, and when you want it on flip the switch, and then off flip it again. I put a FlightLine radio in my plane and even though it too has a built in intercom I chose to install a FlightCom 403LSA intercom because I thought the $194 would be worth it, plus I really wanted to be able to hook up a music input into the intercom.
Mike Farley
Waiex #0056 - N569KM
Jabiru 3300A #1706
MGL Panel
MichaelFarley56

Re: Microair M760 Intercom

Postby chris » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:49 pm

Thanks for the reply. I also want the music input. REV N does not have the input muting on com receive so that is another issue. Actually the input pin is not even used and the music input is wired in parallel with the headsets.

I thought about trying to make my own input muting circuit as a side electronics project. Could be a good learning experience. But at $194 the flightcom is probably the way to go.
Chris
Sonex 1409
Slowly Scratch Building
Site Owner/Admin
chris
Site Admin

Return to Avionics and Instruments