NavWorx ADS600-EXP

Discussion of Avionics and Flight Instruments. Such as: EFIS, EIS, GPS, COM, NAV, Antennas, Audio Panels, Steam Gauges

NavWorx ADS600-EXP

Postby robin » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:45 pm

I ordered the NavWorx ADS600-EXP on Apr 6 2015 and I am still waiting for delivery!

Has anyone else ordered this product and have you received it?

I got an email on 27 Apr saying they were working on a software issue but would be shipping soon! No problem, I'm not in a rush and and I want a good product.
Since then I have requested updates and have been given delivery dates, the last being "Late September".

I am about to phone them but before I do I would appreciate any feedback from the people in the group who have dealt with NavWorx or got this product.

Thanks,
Robin.
Sonex 1071, 300 hrs aerovee.
robin

Re: NavWorx ADS600-EXP

Postby andrewp » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:38 am

I am close to placing an order for our elderly 182 ... the navworx guys so far have a good rep on the Cessna lists but I think are being a little over successful in terms of orders. I suspect you will be seeing yours in December.

AP
Sonex #618
andrewp

Postby mike.smith » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:46 am

robin wrote:I ordered the NavWorx ADS600-EXP on Apr 6 2015 and I am still waiting for delivery!

Has anyone else ordered this product and have you received it?

No, but I took a very close look at it at OSH this year and was very impressed with the features and the low cost. Unless somebody comes up with a better mouse trap, I was planning to order one next OSH. I'll be very interested to hear how your installation goes. For anyone who doesn't know what it is: http://www.navworx.com/ADS600EXPDescription.php

What transponder are you using with it? My Sandia STX-165 will work with it.
Mike Smith
Sonex N439M
Scratch built, AeroVee, Dual stick, Tail dragger
http://www.mykitlog.com/mikesmith
mike.smith

Postby andrewp » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:28 am

The bright side of the ADS600 is that with the right adapter, it will work with any transponder. I have a GTX327 so it can go serial with that. If you have an old transponder they have their transmon thing that wraps around the transponder antenna cable and reads the setting out of the RF. Having a wifi option to broadcast to your tablet doesn't hurt either, even if it is for the non-foreflight/non-garmin pilot users (I am letting garmin pilot go for iflygps on android).
andrewp

Postby andrewp » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:12 pm

So, I have just plonked fake money down for a certified version for antique Cessna. 3rd week of December is the expected date.
andrewp

Postby Gripdana » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:44 am

Thank you for the information. I have planed on using ADS600-B. I was just waiting to see what the other manufactures are going to do. I talked to Sandia and they are working on an ADS-B UAT. Since I have a Sandia transponder I was hoping to add a Sandia UAT. At least there is 4 years left to equip.
Dana Baker
Scratch Built
First Flight March 8, 2015
Sonex #1534 - N1534S "Aluminum Foil"
Aerovee-Dual Controls-Tail Dragger
Gripdana

Postby mike.smith » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:28 am

Gripdana wrote:Thank you for the information. I have planed on using ADS600-B. I was just waiting to see what the other manufactures are going to do. I talked to Sandia and they are working on an ADS-B UAT. Since I have a Sandia transponder I was hoping to add a Sandia UAT. At least there is 4 years left to equip.

That's interesting. When I spoke to Sandia at Airventure this year they said there were so many other options out there that they did not plan to offer an ADSB-out solution. In fact, they walked me over to the NavWorx booth and hooked me up with them, saying, "these are the people you want to get the hardware from, and it works great with our transponder."
Mike Smith
Sonex N439M
mike.smith

Postby Gripdana » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:28 pm

Thanks Mike,
I called them a year or more ago. At the time that said they were working on ads-b out. I guess they changed their minds.
Dana Baker
Scratch Built
First Flight March 8, 2015
Sonex #1534 - N1534S "Aluminum Foil"
Aerovee-Dual Controls-Tail Dragger
Gripdana

Postby Kalibr » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:37 pm

Had a Sandia 165 x-ponder installed together with NavWorx ADS600-EXP in my new to me Onex. Light, simple, practical. And for the icing on the cake, I now in addition to ADSB-out also get ADSB-in from NavWorx as well on my iPad running WingX (traffic and weather, via NavWorx's wifi). Big thanks to Jesse at Saint Aviation at X35 in FL!
Kalibr

Postby mike.smith » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:27 pm

Kalibr wrote:Had a Sandia 165 x-ponder installed together with NavWorx ADS600-EXP in my new to me Onex. Light, simple, practical. And for the icing on the cake, I now in addition to ADSB-out also get ADSB-in from NavWorx as well on my iPad running WingX (traffic and weather, via NavWorx's wifi). Big thanks to Jesse at Saint Aviation at X35 in FL!

Keep us informed of how well it works and how you like it. I'm thinking of purchasing before or during Airventure this year.
Mike Smith
Sonex N439M
mike.smith

Next

Return to Avionics and Instruments