Dynon Skyview Engine Component Questions

Discussion of Avionics and Flight Instruments. Such as: EFIS, EIS, GPS, COM, NAV, Antennas, Audio Panels, Steam Gauges

Dynon Skyview Engine Component Questions

Postby rdsafe » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:15 pm

I hope someone can answer a couple of questions for me on the EMS-220 unit on the wiring of the D37 connector.

1) Pin #1 - the manual states that this is for Voltage or Battery Voltage. Voltage is a way of measuring pressure, right? The tech people told me today that this is for power for the unit. Does someone here have the right answer as to how and where this is wired into the airplane.

2) RPM comes off the voltage regulator - Which wire from the EMS-220 unit goes to the voltage regulator? Number 32, 33, 34, or 35.

I can be reached here or @rdsafe2000 yahoo.com if you have something for me.

Thank you,

Richard Stauffer
rdsafe

Re: Dynon Skyview Engine Component Questions

Postby mwhatley » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:35 pm

Pin #1 is just to measure Volts - I have that right off the main buss, power is from the SkyView network connector.

I would use Pin 32 and see if that works, I don't believe I used 34 or 35.
mwhatley

Postby sonex1374 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:43 pm

On my Skyview I have pin 1 connected to the main bus. Whether the EMS is merely sensing voltage or drawing power I can’t say for sure. I use pin 32 for rpm, connected to one of the alternator AC leads coming from the engine. The signal detected from the alternator was overdriven and required a 10k ohm resistor inline to better condition the signal. With the resistor I get accurate, stable rpm readings.

Jeff
Jeff Shultz
Sonex TD, 3300, AeroInjector
Kansas City, MO
http://www.sonex604.com
sonex1374

Postby rdsafe » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:59 am

Thanks for the two replies.
Another Dynon tech came through and stated that pin #1 is not for power; but should be fused with a 1 amp fuse to a power source.

ON my second question- about which wire to be connected to the voltage regulator for the RPM- to use wire #32, unless there is a low voltage issue- would be to use wire #34.
Their manual states Input Right and Input Left; but doesn't state what that means. This tech said this is for left and right magnetos or for two engines.

At this point, I going to take the wire from pin #1 and connect it together with another Dynon component wire that's connected to my endurance bus as there should be no load from this wire.

Also, for the other- I will take wires #32 and #34 through the firewall; but only connect #32 - using #34 as a standby if the first choice isn't right.

Thanks again,

Richard Stauffer
rdsafe

Return to Avionics and Instruments