MGL MX1 recording file

Discussion of Avionics and Flight Instruments. Such as: EFIS, EIS, GPS, COM, NAV, Antennas, Audio Panels, Steam Gauges

MGL MX1 recording file

Postby pfhoeycfi » Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:28 pm

Does anyone know the exact procedure for creating the MGL recording file? I have the MX1 but I'm sure they are all similar. I've tried creating the file before the flight and after the flight...all ng. Do I make the file just once, or for every flight? Do I make the recording file before or after the flight? The instructions leave alot to the imagination. I've tried it a bunch of different ways and I end up with no file on the sd card or an empty file on the sd card. Recording is enabled.

Peter
Peter Hoey
SEL Pvt, Comm Glider, CFIG, Pawnee & L19 Towpilot
Philadelphia Glider Council
Sonex B SNB0021, N561PH, Taildragger, Aerovee Turbo, MGL MX1, First flight Dec 18, 2022
Also built Sonerai IIL N86PH
pfhoeycfi

Re: MGL MX1 recording file

Postby XenosN42 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:23 pm

You'll only need to create the 10MB recording file once. If you do it again it will create a new file thereby wiping out any data recorded from previous flights.

Your issue is that the recording is not starting. On some MGL EFIS devices they give you the option to start recording manually or to start on 'automatic flight detect'. I've always liked to start the recording manually, BUT unfortunately MGL has removed that option for the MX1.

Go to this web address https://www.michiganavionics.com/product/iefis-mx1/#

Click on the < Download > button next to "iEFIS Menus"

On page 11 of that PDF you will see the menu needed to setup 'Automatic flight detect'. For a Sonex I'd suggest an RPM of around 900 and ASI of 30MPH.

Some more information from the chief software engineer at MGL: https://www.mglavionics.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=705 The important information is in the third post written by 'rainier', the aforementioned software engineer.

Good luck.
-- Michael
OneX N169XE
author of the 'Flight Data Viewer'
XenosN42

Re: MGL MX1 recording file

Postby pfhoeycfi » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:59 pm

Great, thank you...

peter
Peter Hoey
SEL Pvt, Comm Glider, CFIG, Pawnee & L19 Towpilot
Philadelphia Glider Council
Sonex B SNB0021, N561PH, Taildragger, Aerovee Turbo, MGL MX1, First flight Dec 18, 2022
Also built Sonerai IIL N86PH
pfhoeycfi

Return to Avionics and Instruments