Comm and transponder replacement

Discussion of Avionics and Flight Instruments. Such as: EFIS, EIS, GPS, COM, NAV, Antennas, Audio Panels, Steam Gauges

Comm and transponder replacement

Postby Oshpilot » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:39 am

My Microair transponder has died and is not repairable. Additionally the microair radio is now 18 years old, still serviceable but I’d like to replace. What experience (good or bad) does anyone have with the TRIG radio and transponder? I can add ADSB with the transponder and looks to be cost effective compared to most options.
TIA
Wayne, Oshkosh, Sonex N444SX, Conventional gear, Jab 3300, Enigma
Oshpilot

Re: Comm and transponder replacement

Postby builderflyer » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:40 pm

Oshpilot wrote:My Microair transponder has died and is not repairable. Additionally the microair radio is now 18 years old, still serviceable but I’d like to replace. What experience (good or bad) does anyone have with the TRIG radio and transponder? I can add ADSB with the transponder and looks to be cost effective compared to most options.
TIA

Wayne, the Dynon transponder and com radio are both made by Trig as I recall. Both have so far performed flawlessly in my Sonex so no complaints. My earlier Microair transponder also sits dead on the shelf even after a couple of trips to Austrslia for repair. Like yours, the Microair com radio has never failed me in 19 years of operation but it now also sits on the shelf. Good luck to you.

Art,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sonex taildragger #95,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jabiru 3300 #261
builderflyer

Return to Avionics and Instruments