Dynon AOA/Pitot Probe Installation

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Sonex.

Re: Dynon AOA/Pitot Probe Installation

Postby Direct C51 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:29 pm

I just saw that SafeAir1 and Avery tools has closed up shop as of Dec 2015. The SafeAir1 pitot mast was much cheaper than the Aircraft Spruce sold Gretz Aero or Falcon masts. Half price or less if I remember correctly. Thats a shame.
Direct C51

Postby sonex1678 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:05 pm

I saw the same when I checked the sites after you recommended them the other day and found the same, BUT I also noted that although both are closed for retail business, it looks like Avery are continuing to manufacture products from both companies and sell wholesale to a few of the other retail suppliers, so many of the products will still be available--anyone interested can check the Avery website for more detail....
Douglas B Scripture
Sonex 1678
sonex1678

Postby lgsievila » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:01 am

Hi Michael,
Did you use the Dynon static ports?

WaiexN143NM wrote:Hi doug,
We have a full dynon set up, also some back up steam guages. We put the dynon pitot on the left wing, equally distant outboard as the rt wing pitot to run the steam guages. We put the static port outside left side of fuse up by the space thats behind the inst. panel. All works well. Are u planning autopilot?

WaiexN143NM
Michael

Thanks,
Loren Sievila
Conventional Gear Onex33
CAMit 2200
Dynon Skyview
lgsievila

Previous

Return to Sonex