Fuel Sump

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Sonex.

Re: Fuel Sump

Postby bipbuilder » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:49 pm

Perhaps I will regret posting this but, when I installed a fuel sump in my onex I came straight out of fuel tank and through the fire wall. I then put a t in the line and went straight down to a sump fitting supported by a piece of aluminum angle. Yes it is between the exhaust pipes but will not drip on them.( i usually sump before running engine.) After the t it goes to a filter then into the aero injector. And yes the fuel must be turned on to sump it. An added benefit of the fuel line going down is it gives the water some were to collect on its way to the aero injector. Also it is mounted just above the belly so if I did break the gear off and slide in it should be protected.
bipbuilder

Postby BRS » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:47 pm

bipbuilder wrote:Perhaps I will regret posting this but,....

Thanks for posting.
-Brock
Sonex-A (s/n 1013)
R2300, P-tip 54/50
Center Stick
V16, TT22
BRS

Postby racaldwell » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:31 pm

I did similar to what you described. I have not yet installed the Curtis quick drain but it will stick out the bottom of the cowling when I get the cowling installed. I have the valve and boost pump in the cockpit. You can see the Tee in this picture.
Air Duct Completed Sm.jpg
Air Duct Completed Sm.jpg (180 KiB) Viewed 1147 times

Rick Caldwell
Xenos 0057
racaldwell

Previous

Return to Sonex