Hydraulic Brake Line Routing

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Sonex.

Re: Hydraulic Brake Line Routing

Postby austexaviator » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:28 pm

Area 51% wrote:I too went through the floor but used phenolic blocks to keep the lines from chaffing instead of grommets.

I can send you pictures of my install via email, but my lack of technical prowess won't allow me to post here. Still trying to get the time to stop flashing on the VCR.

bubblesinbpfl@yahoo.com

email sent. Thank you.
Patrick
Tailwheel Sonex Model A Jabiru 3300
austexaviator

Postby austexaviator » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:37 pm

Panther16 wrote:
Once I learned how to bleed the brakes it was easy enough to do (but still messy). I've only had to bleed them once since the install. Sad that his business in now closed as I may have to go to a different brake set up if/when I need parts for these. As to my install my lines are through grommets and then onto the gear legs. I don't have a clear photo but if you stop and look at the interior tour portion of this video you can see the routing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg0fgs4cFuE

I wasn't able to clearly make out how you routed those lines from the video, but nice bird! Also, I will probably sell my TOB setup after I get the Matco brakes installed in case you want spares.
Patrick
austexaviator

Postby austexaviator » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:38 pm

Bryan Cotton wrote:http://www.sonexbuilders.net/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=578&start=1250

I'll have to get another picture.

When you get a chance I would appreciate it.
Patrick
austexaviator

Postby daleandee » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:57 pm

austexaviator wrote:
Panther16 wrote:
Once I learned how to bleed the brakes it was easy enough to do (but still messy). I've only had to bleed them once since the install. Sad that his business in now closed as I may have to go to a different brake set up if/when I need parts for these. As to my install my lines are through grommets and then onto the gear legs. I don't have a clear photo but if you stop and look at the interior tour portion of this video you can see the routing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg0fgs4cFuE

I wasn't able to clearly make out how you routed those lines from the video, but nice bird! Also, I will probably sell my TOB setup after I get the Matco brakes installed in case you want spares.

Yes it is very hard to see clearly. I looked for a photo but I don't have any of that particular area that show the fine detail. I can take one next time I'm at the port but with this weather (and the holiday) it might be a few days. The other thing is that I'd have to sent them to an email address as I can't manage to post photos on this site.

You can most certainly keep me in mind if you have the TOBs for sale. Mine are good and I've got another set of pads but parts might be a good thing to have on the shelf ...
daleandee

Postby Bryan Cotton » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:09 pm

brake plumbing 1.jpg

brake plumbing 2.jpg
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Taildragger, Aerovee, acro ailerons
dual sticks with sport trainer controls
Prebuilt spars and machined angle kit
Year 2 flying and approaching 200 hours December 23
Bryan Cotton

Postby austexaviator » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:45 am

Thank you all who sent pictures. This is giving me a much better ideal how to route them.
I am really enjoying the Sonex community - y'all are a fantastic bunch!
Patrick
austexaviator

Previous

Return to Sonex