Windscreen cleaning

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Sonex.

Re: Windscreen cleaning

Postby Skippydiesel » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:08 am

Hi BRS

(do you come with a parachute?:))

I like the idea of your magnetic in/out cleaning system but will wait for your review, before committing to a purchase.
Skippydiesel

Postby BRS » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:51 am

Skippydiesel wrote:Hi BRS

(do you come with a parachute?:))

Cute, first time I've heard that. BTW - you can't (but you did) use a smiley ;-) face and parenthesis next to each other :-)) doesn't work.
-Brock
Sonex-A (s/n 1013)
R2300, P-tip 54/50
Center Stick
V16, TT22
BRS

Postby Area 51% » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:17 pm

A late-night "as seen on TV" item I used with great success is the "Windshield Wonder". You can still get them at Walmart for $10.
I did have to heat and reshape it as it comes out of the box flat.
Area 51%

Postby Skippydiesel » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:32 pm

Ah! The wonderful Walmart Aero Space suplies :) - unfortunately not a store with Worldwide locations.
Skippydiesel

Postby Skippydiesel » Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:45 pm

I am truly stunned - I thought I would be swamped with responses.

My analysis of the few replies (well below that necessary for a statistically meaningful conclusion);

Lanky pilots probably have no difficulty in reaching the furthermost/narrowest parts of the windscreen.

The rest (less vertically blessed) are extraordinarily generous with offers of free windscreen cleaning & dinner - I just have to commit me & my Sonex to a trans Pacific flight:)

As for the great unresponsive - they either live with visual impairment (dirty/foggy windscreen) or seek out a tall slim person, of willing disposition, to clean the inside of their windscreen.
Skippydiesel

Previous

Return to Sonex