In/Out Deburr tool

Questions, recommendations, and all things tool related

In/Out Deburr tool

Postby Mike53 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:14 pm

I just got this yesterday and used it to deburr one whole side of the Horizontal stab.. :mrgreen: Unbelievably efficient.You can easily do 30 holes per minute both sides and not break out in a sweat.
For anyone aware of it but still not bought it , I highly recommend you get one ,it's well worth it at twice the price.
This is where I got mine http://www.yardstore.com/browse.cfm/4,5935.html
Mike
I know but one freedom, and that is the freedom of the mind.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Reserved C-FONX for the 80th Onex,Hummel 85HP ,Tri gear,GRT Mini X EFIS,and EMS,iFly 740 GPS
Mike53

Re: In/Out Deburr tool

Postby Andy Walker » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:07 pm

I use one too, I like it. It sometimes takes a while to deburr the backside of a hole well enough. I have a new blade for mine to install, maybe that will make it better.
Andy Walker

Postby Mike53 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:28 pm

Andy it would be my guess that you do have a dull cutter.I can only spend a mili-second on both sides or I remove more than is necessary .Think I'll order an extra cutting blade now while you put it in my head. :idea:
Mike
Mike
I know but one freedom, and that is the freedom of the mind.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Reserved C-FONX for the 80th Onex,Hummel 85HP ,Tri gear,GRT Mini X EFIS,and EMS,iFly 740 GPS
Mike53

Postby 142YX » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:26 pm

I bought a whole set of these and ended up feeling ripped off.. but perhaps i am not using them correctly (or i received bad ones). I cannot set the spring tension on them to make them tight enough to accomplish anything. I can go in and out of the hole all day long and it won
Waiex # 142 - Taildragger, Jabiru 3300
First Flight - July 13th, 2015
450 hours and counting..
142YX

Postby structurespilot » Mon May 07, 2012 10:08 am

There is an ajustment on the end that you chuck in your drill. Its an allen key and it increases or decreases the spring tension on the cutter.

Good luck , Norm
Waiex Tail kit built! Working on Corvair engine core.

Norm (structurespilot)
structurespilot

Postby 142YX » Mon May 07, 2012 5:41 pm

structurespilot wrote:There is an ajustment on the end that you chuck in your drill. Its an allen key and it increases or decreases the spring tension on the cutter.

Good luck , Norm

I did adjust the tension at that point.. and on the highest setting it was still not enough.

Since making that post a few months ago i have played with it a few more times and have developed a technique that seems to be working.. just using extremely light pressure and holding the tool there for quite a bit of time (10-15 seconds for each side). This gave me good results, but it is significantly slower than a manual debur tool. I personally think there is something wrong with mine (incorrect spring).
Waiex # 142 - Taildragger, Jabiru 3300
First Flight - July 13th, 2015
450 hours and counting..
142YX

Return to Tools