Anyone near Kingsville, MO?

For locating temporary hangar space while traveling

Anyone near Kingsville, MO?

Postby Matt541 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:00 pm

Ok, so not necessarily a hangar needed, just somewhere to park myself for 15 nights while I take the LSRM course at Rainbow Aviation. A room, couch or floor will suffice. They have campsites, but it looks like I'll be taking the airliner instead of the Sonex or anything else due to time constraints.

Why the Light Sport Repairman Maintenance course? One of the biggest problems I've had with my not-built-by-me Sonex is finding an A&P to do the condition inspection. (Done now.) Many A&Ps are afraid to touch Experimentals. So now I'm starting my own journey with the LSRM license being the gateway. Figure with my own Sonex experience, I'll be able to help others as well.
Sonex 541, TD, Center Stick, Revmaster w/ Prince P <SOLD>
:arrow: Anxiously awaiting the new Highwing
Matt541

Re: Anyone near Kingsville, MO?

Postby techno-wizard » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:29 am

I may be wrong and please correct me if I am, but I believe the LSRM rating is only applicable to S-LSA and E-LSA aircraft. The Sonex, being an experimental amateur-built (E-AB) aircraft, would still require either an A&P or the original builder who holds the repairman's certificate to do the condition inspection. The only exception to this would be if your Sonex was licensed as an E-LSA during
the brief "grandfathering" window offered by the FAA for fat/training ultralights from 2006 into 2007.
Keith Borgstrom
Sport Pilot
Currently building legacy Sonex #1598
N5YZ - Reserved
Tri-gear, Aerovee 2.1, dual stick, Sport Trainer configuration
http://www.mykitlog.com/techno-wizar
techno-wizard

Postby GraemeSmith » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:21 am

techno-wizard wrote:I may be wrong and please correct me if I am, but I believe the LSRM rating is only applicable to S-LSA and E-LSA aircraft. The Sonex, being an experimental amateur-built (E-AB) aircraft, would still require either an A&P or the original builder who holds the repairman's certificate to do the condition inspection. The only exception to this would be if your Sonex was licensed as an E-LSA during
the brief "grandfathering" window offered by the FAA for fat/training ultralights from 2006 into 2007.

I believe this is correct. You can't use a LSRM on an E-AB
Graeme JW Smith
GraemeSmith

Postby Matt541 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:17 pm

You're both correct, however the LSRM can serve as a gateway to an A&P for those of us who can't go to school for 2 years. (1 year for university of Alaska Fairbanks...) Some work can be done on some E-ABs but not inspections.

There may be some changes coming through mosaic, but nothing's final yet.

In my case, 15 days and a minimum 30 months of verifiable experience is about the best way to pursue the A&P.
Matt541

Postby Matt541 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:19 pm

Matt541

Return to Hangar Space