sonex cad-3d

Use this area to create a thread with photos from your build.

sonex cad-3d

Postby osvaldosurf » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:35 am

I'm building a sonex at solidworks and I wanted to share the photos of this new project with you.
osvaldosurf

Re: sonex cad-3d

Postby Darick » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:49 pm

That is quite impressive. How many hours does it take to get that far into the project? What is the end purpose?
Darick Gundy
Sonex #1646
N417DG
Taildragger, Aerovee, center stick, Prince P-Tip Prop
MGL E1, F2, V6 radio, Sandia Xponder, Reserve lift indicator (AOA), iFly 520
First flight! 10/21/2017
Darick

Postby osvaldosurf » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:28 am

new pictures
osvaldosurf

Postby osvaldosurf » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:38 am

almost ready.
osvaldosurf

Postby Brett » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:46 am

I like the engine
Sonex 1645
VH-VWS
Tailwheel
Former Aerovee Turbo
Rotax 912
Brett

Postby osvaldosurf » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:39 am

I also like rotax, but it seems that the sonex does not, it made the plans but focused on three other engines (which I can not remember the names now), these other manufacturers do not release the cad-3d drawings of their engines (I think it's edit: inappropriate language removed ) If I had the opportunity I would copy everything and make it available for free on the net. Sorry for not responding to the friend there, it's a lot of work to do these jobs, but it's very interesting. more photos
osvaldosurf

Postby pfhoeycfi » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:51 am

Are these dwgs the legacy or B?

peter
Peter Hoey
SEL Pvt, Comm Glider, CFIG, Pawnee & L19 Towpilot
Philadelphia Glider Council
Sonex B SNB0021, N561PH, Taildragger, Aerovee Turbo, MGL MX1, First flight Dec 18, 2022
Also built Sonerai IIL N86PH
pfhoeycfi

Postby osvaldosurf » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:17 pm

b
osvaldosurf

Postby n982sx » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:19 pm

osvaldosurf wrote:b

Very nice work, but after looking at all your pictures on your site, it is easy to tell that this is the legacy model and not the newer 'B' model. Your CAD drawings have the fuel filler neck opening in the firewall, which has been eliminated in the 'B' model.

I did enjoy looking at all the drawings on your site as it reminds me of all the parts I had to make on N982SX.
Bob Meyers

Built and Flying Sonex N982SX http://n982sx.com
Built and Flying RV-14 N626KM http://n626km.com
n982sx

Postby osvaldosurf » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:14 pm

I'm quite happy to build this plane on solidworks, a beautiful aircraft. but in the little knowledge that I have, some improvements can be made to safety, this airplane from what I have seen is not for instantaneous changes of direction, for those who want to build to start aerial maneuvers, I think it is necessary to make some small changes.
  1 - lengthen the 4 clips (w21-9) in the ribs 9 until they reach the rib 10, the only thing that holds the bellcrank aileron in place is the skin wing, I am of the opinion that the bellcrank aileron should be in the main spar.
  2- place rod end bearing on all terminals of the pushrods
3-this last problem I do not know sincerely how to solve, it needs an aeronautical engineer to solve it, these problems are the lengths of the pushrod aileron and the pushrod elevator, the latter is what in my opinion needs attention. the engineer was worried about passing it through the f23-09 and f23-11 parts that prevents the pushrod elevator from torsing, but you might think it's because you lock the pushrod elevator in place preventing it from moving. who knows a second idler in the middle of the way would be a good idea. with all this it must be remembered that when the airplane is in the ground it is one thing, but when it is in flight it receives all the loads of twists, and here also I would put rod end bearing in all the terminals.
osvaldosurf

Next

Return to Photo Album