LANDING: 3-point? Wheel? Spoiler? 45kt? ...

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Xenos.

Re: LANDING: 3-point? Wheel? Spoiler? 45kt? ...

Postby racaldwell » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:35 am

I have recently purchased a Sensenich prop for my Xenos/ CAMit combo. It is in my hangar. I do not need it immediately as I am still making pieces for the front fuselage area. So if you have a Jab, then maybe we can work out an exchange with the one you are waiting on.

Rick Caldwell
Xenos/CAMit 3300
Melborne, FL
racaldwell

Re: Prop for Xenos

Postby martinwalker1 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:19 pm

I’m teaching a friend to fly who is building a Xenos. Has a new prop in his garage. We’ll swap. Thanks for the offers. Sold my Maule when I learned about the cancer; wife can sell Xenos when I’m gone. That shows how much I love flying the Xenos. It’s the cheapest but most fun aircraft I’ve owned and I’ve had plenty.

BTW, I teach reducing power as you approach pattern. On downwind to runway, you’re flying a glider. In 100s of Xenos patterns I’ve never needed to touch power after entering downwind. Reducing power on short final works great in cubs, champs, etc. I suggest leaving the power alone in a Xenos unless you need to go around.
Martin..N922PL..7VG0
martinwalker1

Postby racaldwell » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:54 pm

Glad you found a solution to keep flying your favorite plane. I wish I had a Xenos to fly. There are some powerful thermals here in FL. Last week I was flying my RV6 to my play area over the orange groves and was at 4500 just above the tops of cumulus. A minute or two later when I reached the orange groves, the taller clouds were already at 6500. Too bad the humidity here this time of yr keeps the bases pretty low. Wonder what it is like to thermal on instruments?

I've never even sat in a Xenos or Sonex yet. Probably the 1st one I do will be mine. I got my glider add-on over at Seminole Lake Gliderport in their Blanik & Grob. That was fun but I was always wishing I had a way to launch all by myself and fly home if I loose touch with the thermals. I wish I could speed up my build progress but work just eats up most of my time. If there was such a thing as affordable healthcare, I would retire on my savings. But there isn't so I can't. But when that day comes, I will have set myself up with a Xenos and RV-6 to fly wherever and whenever.

Rick Caldwell
Xenos underway
racaldwell

Postby bvolcko38 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:57 pm

I now have 5 flights on my new Xenos. First landing was perfect, no bounces. Subsequent landings have all been bouncers,one or two bumps. Looking for a technique to eliminate the bounces I'm all ears!
Bill Volcko XNS0068
Xenos A N68WV 99% flush rivets
Aerovee and Prince P-Tip
MGL Discovery Lite w/ Sandia STX 165R
V6
First hole 4/1/16
First flight 8/24/18
Phase I complete...finally!!!
Also flying a Challenger II since 1999
bvolcko38

Previous

Return to Xenos