Acro in a Xenos

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Xenos.

Acro in a Xenos

Postby ToddF » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:03 pm

Does anyone know of any video on the net of acro in a Xenos? I am about done with a RANS S7 and I am thinking I might work on a sailplane next but I want to do sailplane acro.
ToddF

Re: Acro in a Xenos

Postby racaldwell » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:11 pm

Todd,

I'll let you know when I'm finished with mine. I will be doing acro in my Xenos. That is one of the reasons why I bought a Jabiru 3300 engine for it. I want the power to motor up on the verticals. I know someone with an Aerovee in his Xenos & he had a problem getting pentration to round out the top of a loop. I don't know his acro background. I had a One Design for 8 years and competed in Sportsman with it. I know my RV-6 and my future Xenos are nothing compared to a true acro plane like the 1D, but still 3-D flight is something I am not ready to give up.

Rick in FLA
Xenos #0057
racaldwell

Re: Acro in a Xenos

Postby andrewp » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:09 pm

You guys may have heard of someone called Pete Buck (guitarist in REM?). Last year when I was having trouble with my wheel pants and wheels, he put a camera under the wing and took his Xenos out for spin in the lovely Tehachapi area.

Whatever Pete flies, he is treats being straight and level as some sort of crime, even when making a video to help someone.

I had the pleasure of flying in a different Xenos after I had got my Sonex flying. I didn't wheel it all over the sky, but it is a great airplane. I loved it. A glider that can tow itself and still out run a pile of spam cans.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzH5Yno ... dZNmc/view

Cheers,

Andrew
Sonex N618PE
andrewp

Return to Xenos