Stabilator aluminum spar attachment

Discussion for Waiex builders on specific plans page experience. These posts are limited to technical suggestions such as assembly order, challenges, or techniques related to specific plans pages.

Stabilator aluminum spar attachment

Postby wingnut » Tue May 22, 2018 8:37 pm

I bent my Y bar to 20° and am happy with the results, however I didn't quite get the 1/2" radius in the precise location of the bend. It has caused the undrilled short end that attaches to the plane at some point from being identical. The side that's off is pointing a few degrees different from the other one. I feel that since it has no marks for drilling that I could merely correct it by adjusting it the correct amount and direction when it's installed rather than trying to tweak the bend. If it isn't mounted to a location on the fuselage that it fits against that wouldn't allow it to be adjusted a few degrees to compensate for the variation, then I guess it's back to the press. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I don't have the plans or the rest of the kit yet or I might be able to answer my own question. Thanks
wingnut

Return to Waiex Plans