SNX-W21-05

Discussion for Sonex builders on specific plans page experience. These posts are limited to technical suggestions such as assembly order, challenges, or techniques related to specific plans pages.

SNX-W21-05

Postby ededoad » Sat May 09, 2015 2:10 pm

Does this spacer also serve as a control stop. On both of my wings if the pushrod is pulled all of the way inboard the aileron bell crank (-10) is straight in line with the pivot and cannot be pushed back in. If this is supposed to be a stop I am going to have to adjust them (05).

Any help would be appreciated. Or I will have to call Sonex Monday.
Regards
ededoad

Re: SNX-W21-05

Postby gammaxy » Sat May 09, 2015 4:31 pm

I re-made the bellcrank on both sides with extra material so it touches the spacer and acts as a control stop. I suppose I could have made the spacer larger, but by the time I noticed the problem, making a couple new bellcranks was easier.

I get the impression that not everyone uses the spacer as a control stop (since it is never called one), but I think my pushrod was going to hit the side of a lightening hole without that control stop.
Chris Madsen
Aerovee Sonex N256CM
Flying since September 2014
Build log: http://chrismadsen.org
gammaxy

Re: SNX-W21-05

Postby ededoad » Sat May 09, 2015 5:34 pm

Thank you for your response. After reading it I thought best to adjust the spacer, make another and drill the hole as to raise it. If it is a stop I will be able to roll out of it rather than... It is not to hard to do through a 4 inch hole if you like pain.
Regards, Ed
ededoad

Return to Sonex Plans