meeting builders and flyers

Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland

meeting builders and flyers

Postby new_flyer » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:53 pm

I am looking at building an airplane in the next couple years and researching which one I want (looked at all different makes and models). Initially I thought it was going to be an RV-12, but now I'm thinking a Waiex-B or a Onex and am looking for anyone that lives near KGON and willing to show me their plane (either completed and flying or in build process). I want to hear about the building and flying characteristics if possible.

I little about me, older guy trying to finish up my Sport Pilot certificate. limited to sport pilot due to medical issues. Taking lesson out of KHFD (an hour away) but recent weather over the past year and delays in plane maintenance has been extending my training schedule.

If there is anyone with a Sonex willing to meet up and talk about your plane (build and\or flying) and if your okay, I'd like not see how I would fit in it.

let me know what you have, where you are, and when you're available to meet up; either reply here or private message me.

Thanks
Jeremy
new_flyer

Re: meeting builders and flyers

Postby kmacht » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:11 pm

I scratch built an A model Sonex, use to to fly it out if Windham but it’s currently parked in my garage with the wings off for some engine work and a new panel. I live over on Colchester which is a 35 minute drive from Groton. I will be traveling for work the next two weeks but would be willing to meet up and let you try my plane on for size once back.

Keith
kmacht

Postby GordonTurner » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:30 pm

Hi. I’m toward the eastern end of Long Island. Not super convenient, but it’s a nice drive from the Orient ferry dock. I would be happy to show you my not quite finished A model Waiex. Welcome aboard :)

Gordon
Waiex 158 New York. N88YX registered.
3.0 Liter Corvair built, run, and installed.
Garmin panel, Shorai LiFePo batteries.
GordonTurner

Postby GraemeSmith » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:32 pm

KUUU - Newport, RI

Happy to fly over to Groton or Hartford to let you see a Legacy Sonex. Work for myself so weekdays can work too.
Graeme JW Smith
GraemeSmith

Postby new_flyer » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:53 pm

Thanks to those who replied and I'll reach out with a private message for further scheduling.
new_flyer

Return to Northeast