What goes in place of spacers F21-02 and T09-03

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a second generation Sonex or Waiex.

What goes in place of spacers F21-02 and T09-03

Postby BradPayne » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:18 pm

Im trying to figure out what the purpose of the spacers on the vertical stabilizer spar are. They say they are temporary, but If I mount T12-05 (Angle that supports the vertical to the upper longerons) and F23-04 (angle that connects the vertical to the lower longeron) the holes in the vertical stablier and the pre-drilled holes in the rear fuselage will not line up without something filling the void of these temporary spacers.

Do you drill and mount F23-04 and T12-5 to the longerons with our without these spacers in place?
BradPayne

Re: What goes in place of spacers F21-02 and T09-03

Postby peter anson » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:02 pm

It's a bit confusing but will make sense when you fit the vertical fin to the fuselage. You assemble parts using spacers exactly as shown on the drawings and only remove the spacers when you fit the fin to the fuselage. It's a bit lost in the mists of time but I think that where the spacers fitted I only pilot drilled and Clecoed the parts, drilling to final size when I fitted the fin.

Peter
peter anson

Re: What goes in place of spacers F21-02 and T09-03

Postby BradPayne » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:05 am

Thanks Peter. I apprecaite your help. it is confusing to me since they have you contruct F21-02 on the same page you test fit the tail to the fuselage. It seems to me that the only purpose of the spacers was to take up the bolt lenght when assembling, but using washers would have accomplished the same thing with a lot less work which is what keeps me second guessing.

Thanks again!
BradPayne

Return to Sonex-B / Waiex-B