Belite Fuel Level System

Discussion of aircraft electrical system design, construction, and problems.

Re: Belite Fuel Level System

Postby Jerry09w » Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:42 am

I have a capacitive gauge and I found it way more accurate then the Belite I tried. One drawback is that it can be calibrated for either auto fuel with ethanol or no ethanol fuel, any mix will be WAY off. Any gauge mounted in the rear of a Sonex tank will be very sensitive to pitch, the indication changes about a gallon for a 1/2 inch change in level. Zenith has a float sender that can be mounted on the back of a tank without access to the interior. I have thought of but not yet tried mounting an oops fitting in the center of the tank and moving my probe there. Being an old guy, I still find a watch and knowing your fuel flow is still the least expensive and most accurate way to go.
Jerry
Jerry09w

Postby Skippydiesel » Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:44 pm

[quote="Jerry09w"]I have a capacitive gauge and I found it way more accurate then the Belite I tried. One drawback is that it can be calibrated for either auto fuel with ethanol or no ethanol fuel, any mix will be WAY off. Any gauge mounted in the rear of a Sonex tank will be very sensitive to pitch, the indication changes about a gallon for a 1/2 inch change in level. Zenith has a float sender that can be mounted on the back of a tank without access to the interior. I have thought of but not yet tried mounting an oops fitting in the center of the tank and moving my probe there. Being an old guy, I still find a watch and knowing your fuel flow is still the least expensive and most accurate way to go.
Jerry

Hi Jerry,

What capacitive sender do you have? and what system is reading it for you?
Skippydiesel

Postby Jerry09w » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:34 pm

I have the standard Sonex/Princeton system. The display is on both a GRT4000 an old 0-5 volt indicator as a backup.
Jerry09w

Postby Skippydiesel » Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:32 pm

Princeton Capacitance Fuel level Probe

Couldn't find anything on the Sonex web site.

Google provides some information - USA off line at the moment, so may get more later.
Skippydiesel

Previous

Return to Electrical System