SonexFlight: A new Sonex-focused aviation podcast

Discussion area for the Sonex Flight Podcast. Show announcements and post-show discussions.

Postby sonex1374 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:12 pm

Sonex builders and pilots,

I want to share “SonexFlight”, a new project that several Sonex builders have been working on. For those unfamiliar, a podcast is a pre-recorded audio broadcast that can be downloaded and listened to using your “iPod” (or phone, or computer), hence the name “podcast”. SonexFlight is a new aviation-themed podcast centered around the Sonex line of aircraft. The goal of this podcast is to be an entertaining and educational resource for the Sonex community.

The idea is simple. A bunch of Sonex builders chatting about news and current events, and technical topics concerning Sonex aircraft. Sometimes the discussion will include a guest, other times it will be a panel discussion. Either way, the intent is to convey information from experienced builders to the community at large.

The podcast is produced on a monthly schedule, with the occasional bonus show thrown in. It has been going for a couple months now, and 4 episodes are produced and ready for download.

You can find SonexFlight on all the normal podcast sites, including iTunes and Google Play. You can find it on the web at http://www.SonexFlight.com. Each show is also posted directly to the website where you can listen to it there or download it for later. Additionally, each episode includes “Show Notes” that contain links to all the stories and videos discussed during the show.

Go to the website and try out the podcast, or better yet subscribe to SonexFlight with your favorite podcast app!

sf_cover_art_sm.jpg
Jeff Shultz
Sonex TD, 3300, AeroInjector
Kansas City, MO
http://www.sonex604.com
sonex1374

Re: SonexFlight: A new Sonex-focused aviation podcast

Postby Sonex1517 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:48 pm

I got a sneak peek at the first three podcasts and have to say that this is an excellent production.

Great job guys!
Robbie Culver
Sonex 1517
Aero Estates (T25)
First flight 10/10/2015
325+ hours
Jabiru 3300 Gen 4
Prince P Tip
Taildragger
N1517S
Sonex1517

Postby andrewp » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:12 pm

I am adding it to my phone as we speak. I haven't listened yet, but very excited to see it happening. Awesome...
andrewp

Postby Sonex1517 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:27 pm

Kudos to Jeff for pulling this off. Larry Overstreet and I had a conversation about trying this earlier this year, but there is no way I could have done it.

Even if you do not think you would enjoy podcasts, give it a listen. I think you will be in for a good surprise. I listen to a bunch of them, and Jeff and crew did a great job.

Edited - how did the word "American" get in my original post? I hate autocorrect

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Robbie Culver
Sonex 1517
Aero Estates (T25)
First flight 10/10/2015
325+ hours
Jabiru 3300 Gen 4
Prince P Tip
Taildragger
N1517S
Sonex1517

Postby fastj22 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:09 pm

Sonex1517 wrote:Kudos to Jeff for pulling this off. Larry Overstreet and I had a conversation about trying this earlier this year, but there is no way I could have done it.

Even if you do not think you would enjoy podcasts, give it a listen. I think you will be in for a good surprise. I listen to a bunch of them, and American and crew did a great job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, all credit goes to Jeff. Gary and I only provide color commentary but Jeff has done all the heavy lifting. Its been fun.

John Gillis
SEL Private, Comm Glider, Tow pilot (Pawnee Driver)
Waiex N116YX, Jabiru 3300, Tail dragger,
First flight, 3/16/2013. 403 hours and climbing.
Home: CO15. KOSH x 5
Flying a B-Model Conversion (Super Bee Baby!)
fastj22

Postby WaiexN143NM » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:02 am

Hi all,
Kudos to jeff schultz!
WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby andrewp » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:20 am

I just started to listen to the first episode. Jeff is the builder that I think I have stolen the most ideas and general stuff from and he does an awesome job of anchoring this. We have needed something like this for a long time and I look forward to more. Well done!

AP
andrewp

Return to SonexFlight Podcast