New second owner sonex contact issues.

An area for non-builder owners to discuss issues that they may not be familiar with to increase safety in the second hand Sonex line market. Post things to watch out for and anything safety related for secondary owners here.

New second owner sonex contact issues.

Postby flyguy0609 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:25 pm

I recently became the second owner of Sonex kit 0414. On May 24 I purchased the transfer of ownership form and received a conformation of my order and payment. The next day I received a request for additional documents, all of which were sent the same day (May 25). I was assured that it would be processed within 2 business days. It's been two weeks with no conformation that the ownership has been transferred. I tried to call Sonex to inquire about the status of the transfer, I tried multiple departments but all I get is "we're sorry but no-one is available to answer the phone, call back later", or "The voicemail box has not been set up, please call back later. '

Is it normal for second owners to receive the cold shoulder like this?
flyguy0609

Re: New second owner sonex contact issues.

Postby XenosN42 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:01 pm

Sonex has always gotten back to me promptly.

Did you try email? They are short staffed and email may be better for them.
-- Michael
OneX N169XE
author of the 'Flight Data Viewer'
XenosN42

Postby Dave Wolfe » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:09 pm

I sent in my form n check a few mos ago. The check was cashed, havent heard a thing from them at all. I havent tried to contact them yet either, but at some point Ill need to purchase a canopy and stuff.
Dave Wolfe

Postby WaiexN143NM » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:39 pm

hi all,
try emailing to contact them, i did this am they were prompt to respond. i did try to call, but they are busy short staffed, im sure swamped with lots to do before airventure.

as a side , check out their new hats on the webstore. you can have your n number put on them.

everywhere is short of help these days. a flight yesterday on AA from psp-phx-tus , usually. 2.5 tt trip turned into all day fiasco. AA parked 100 rj’s because no pilots to fly them.

Airventure coming, alot of us flying commercial. dont hold your breath……..

WaiexN143NM
Michael.
WaiexN143NM

Postby GraemeSmith » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:20 am

I guess you could "indirectly" find out the answer. If you need something from the web store - buy it online. If your transfer is in place - you will be able to buy it. If not - you won't...
Graeme JW Smith
GraemeSmith

Return to Second Owner Issues