Jabiru North America open?

Jabiru 2200 / 3300 discussions

Jabiru North America open?

Postby rbarber » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:23 pm

Can anyone verify that Jabiru North America is still open? I have been trying to reach them for a month now to no avail. Two emails, four or more phone calls, nothing.

Thanks,

R.
Robert E Barber
N157SX (Sexy Hexy)
rbarber

Re: Jabiru North America open?

Postby vwglenn » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:10 am

Sounds about normal to me. I've never been able to get a response from them unless they actually picked up the phone and talked to them live.
Glenn
Sonex #600
N889AP
vwglenn

Postby Concorde » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:31 am

I talked to Pete about a month ago and he said that they are hoping to start selling 2210 ad 3310 as early as February .
Ben
Sonex # 1684
Tri-Gear, Dual Control
Rotax 912uls
N379BS reserved.
Concorde

Postby DCASonex » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:27 am

Pete posted a note on the Jabiru-CAMit forum short while ago advising that somebody purchasing a lot of CAMit parts that were marked defective at the auction of CAMit assets. He might have gone down-under for that and if so, might be making extended visit ??? However, many moons ago, back when I did have occasion to work with Pete on my original Jabiru, his organization was always difficult to contact. Forget e-mail, use the phone. Attempts to contact Jabiru main office (down-under) by e-mail back then were even less successful, but the CASA mess seems like it may have caused Jabiru company to improve their communication with customers. Could get E-mail response from Ian Bent of CAMit within a day or two.

David A. Sonex TD, CAMit 3300
DCASonex

Postby vwglenn » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:40 am

Don't know how people can stay in business in this day and age with no communication. Guess it's a good thing to have a monopoly.
Glenn
Sonex #600
N889AP
vwglenn

Postby fastj22 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:36 am

Phone is the only way I've been able to reach them. Emails are ignored. Probably out on holiday. In the jab forum, Pete did indicate he has some serviceable heads in stock.

John Gillis
SEL Private, Comm Glider, Tow pilot (Pawnee Driver)
Waiex N116YX, Jabiru 3300, Tail dragger,
First flight, 3/16/2013. 403 hours and climbing.
Home: CO15. KOSH x 5
Flying a B-Model Conversion (Super Bee Baby!)
fastj22

Postby Skyland field » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:12 pm

I emailed in to Jabiru NA on Saturday the 4th, this morning had an invoice for the parts I requested with a message to call if I wanted them shipped.
Called early this morning, Cindy picked up 2nd ring and two hours later I got the final invoice saying items were shipping today.
Can't expect anything better than this. She was very pleasant and efficient.
Ed
Skyland field

Postby peter anson » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:20 am

Since the matter has already been touched on in this string I don't think I am diverting too far from the subject. I have often heard complaints on this forum about poor customer relations by Jabiru Australia but my experience is just the opposite. They have always answered my emails and when I have phoned them with technical problems they have been prepared to take the time to fully answer my questions. My parents used to live near Bundeberg so I have also dropped into the factory unannounced on several occasions. The greeting has always been friendly and somebody, usually Rod Stiff, has always taken the time to show me around. About 4 years ago I saw an early cast 2200 engine installed in one of their test aircraft. My impression is that Rod just loves to show people around.
Peter
Sonex 894
peter anson

Return to Jabiru