revmaster help

Other VW (Revmaster, Great Plains, Hummel), Corvair, Viking, etc. ****THESE ENGINES ARE NOT FACTORY APPROVED.****

Re: revmaster help

Postby DJ_Theis » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:34 pm

Just a follow up.

The link is for the B&C Specialties Relay that I am planning on using. I can share a complete drawing of our R2300 electrical design, if there is any interest.

We are planning on using the S704-1 relay. This has a 20 amp contact rating and 12 volt energizing coil.

https://bandc.com/product-category/electrical-supplies/relays/

The B&C specialties site has some wiring diagram examples that are associated with the relays.

Dan Theis
Sonex 1362R
DJ_Theis

Postby tx_swordguy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:30 pm

Thanks Dan, I believe I understand the concept and the reasoning behind not using the simple on off switch I had proposed. The guy I am helping is an electrical engineer so he fully understands aspects that I do not. We are two dudes with the same brain on this one lol. I understand the engine mechanics and he understands the electrical design aspects although he is not hands on familiar with the engine elecrtical. I will pass this info on to him, and we will get it figured out. Thank you so much everyone for the insights
Mark
Mark Whiddon
T25 Aero Estates
Sonex N889AP
jabiru 3300 solid lifter
tx_swordguy

Postby Eckenroth » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:08 am

Dan. I would like to see your R2300 electric schematic. It would be interesting to compare with what I have done.
Thanks
Paul
Eckenroth

Postby DJ_Theis » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:12 am

Hi Paul,

Here is a link to the files. I wish I understood how to attach the file to the forum but, I'm a newbee at on this forum. I'll leave it open for a few days and expect you should be able to download the files (hopefully).

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

The schematic has not been completely tested and certainly not flown so, take what you see with a bit of skepticism. I have wired up the radio and audio connections and the music input and PTT etc works quite well. I have sent the wiring to GRT for their comments and corrections. I've also passed sheet 1 on to the AeroElectric forum for comment as well.

None of the above proves there are not hidden errors, of course.

Dan Theis
Sonex 1362R
DJ_Theis

Postby BRS » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:54 am

I'd like to add a video to this discussion.
Seems there might be a simple solution to the RevMaster PM Alternators when used with batteries such as the EarthX 680C. I took this video this morning on my sonex (Tool Shed) which is nearing renovation completion.

Short Solution Summary: Let the battery charge while on the ground before increasing the RPM to where the alternator can burn it's self out. Only takes about four minutes at 1400 RPM.
-Brock
Sonex-A (s/n 1013)
R2300, P-tip 54/50
Center Stick
V16, TT22
BRS

Previous

Return to Other Engines