revmaster-vw question

Other VW (Revmaster, Great Plains, Hummel), Corvair, Viking, etc. ****THESE ENGINES ARE NOT FACTORY APPROVED.****

revmaster-vw question

Postby tx_swordguy » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:08 pm

Buddy of mine is again having issues with his revmaster. This time after a borescope inspection ,due to low compression, it appears he might have the starting of a burned valve. I told him to call revmaster and ask what valves they used in making the engine and either get one or more from them or find an identical supplier. He has had issues getting hold of revmaster in the past so I was wondering if anyone knows what exhaust valves he would need for a revmaster 2300? I am not super knowledgeable with the vw based aircraft engines but what I seem to find leads me to think it will be stainless steel valves but would like specifics to be sure. Any info will be appreciated. He was going to try lapping while still on the engine but the borescope showed a greenish pattern and a definite heat related area on one side of the valve. The valves are extremely clean due to him running so lean. I told him after seeing the pics that he needed to pull the head and actually look at the valve in person. I am thinking a $15 valve replacement would be the best course of action and a little time lapping.
Mark
Mark Whiddon
T25 Aero Estates
Sonex N889AP
jabiru 3300 solid lifter
tx_swordguy

Re: revmaster-vw question

Postby BRS » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:17 am

I seldom have trouble contacting RevMaster. Email usually works and phone almost always. The best time to call is around 10 PDT. <revavia@aol.com> 760-224-3074

I seem to recall from having read the manual recently that there is an EGT redline of 1400. I'm less sure but it seems to me that theirs might be a valve made in house. Though I'm just going from memory.
-Brock
Sonex-A (s/n 1013)
R2300, P-tip 54/50
Center Stick
V16, TT22
BRS

Return to Other Engines