Oil Pressure Sender Locations

Other VW (Revmaster, Great Plains, Hummel), Corvair, Viking, etc. ****THESE ENGINES ARE NOT FACTORY APPROVED.****

Re: Oil Pressure Sender Locations

Postby mike.smith » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:55 pm

karmarepair wrote:
mike.smith wrote:Your cylinders are covered by the silver metal held together with wire. Why!? That's not the VW super-tin, and you are blocking all the air flow to the cylinders. I would have to say THAT is why you are running hot.

This is the the standard Revmaster shrouding, it wraps around the barrels and heads, and FORCES all the air to go through the fins of the heads and cylinder barrels. It's certainly lighter than the Cool Tins and probably more effective.

I disagree!! The air coming in the front of the cowl is totally deflected away from the cooling fins. I can't see how that's better. Just my 2 cents. You won't find any other air cooled aircraft engines with a setup where you can't see the cooling fins when looking into the cowl intakes. I have the stock VW super tin on my VW, and I have no trouble with heat in the dead of summer, and have to put in deflectors (kind of like in the photo) to get the cylinders to stay warm in the winter. The stock cooling setup just works. Sometimes too well.
Mike Smith
Sonex N439M
Scratch built, AeroVee, Dual stick, Tail dragger
http://www.mykitlog.com/mikesmith
mike.smith

Previous

Return to Other Engines