Sonex-A: Thinking it's time to sell.

Post here to sale aircraft items or place want to buy ads. Posts here will automatically delete after 60 days.

Sonex-A: Thinking it's time to sell.

Postby BRS » Mon May 20, 2024 10:46 pm

The problem with being a lover of working with my hands and fix'n things is that once the project is done it's time to part with it and move onto the next project. I bought this sonex-a to learn about the sonex brand from a mechanical standpoint and from a pilot standpoint. I've done that and now it's time to move onto the next project. I'm thinkinging it might be a LegalEagle or Bandlands ultralight.

Eventually I'll get around to posting an ad on Barnstormers with pics-n-all but I figured I'd put out a teaser here on the forum. If you search my posts you'll find a politheral of information as I learned as I restored. I knew lycomings and continentals, cessnas, diamonds, and now I know VW and sonex. Engough to scratch the surface anyway.

So in a nutshell, I have Sonex s/n-1013, with a new (minus some hours) Revmaster R2300, new avionics including ADSB in/out. A few nice upgrades from Peter.

Aircraft is located at W52 (think Vancouver WA [not BC])

Later.
-brs
-Brock
Sonex-A (s/n 1013)
R2300, P-tip 54/50
Center Stick
V16, TT22
BRS

Re: Sonex-A: Thinking it's time to sell.

Postby WesRagle » Tue May 21, 2024 1:13 pm

Hi Brock,

I would hate to see you leave the Sonex group, but I understand.

I've also had my eye on an ultra light for a long time. The Legal Eagle is at the top of the list but an Affordaplane is up there as well. What ever you decide to build please let us know what's going on and where we can go to follow along with your next build.

As always, All the Best,

Wes
Wes Ragle
Onex #89
Conventional Gear
Long Tips
Hummel 2400 w/Zenith Carb
Prince P Tip 54x50
First Flight 06/23/2020
42.8 Hrs. as of 10/30/21
WesRagle

Postby BRS » Fri May 31, 2024 12:07 am

Well I finally did it. Posted an ad on Barnstormers. After a two year renovation and a nice flight today it's easy to have second thoughts. Here is the listing. Sorry for the multiple images, I've always had issues with the Barnstormers user interface. I've not yet come up with a price. Going to have to put my thinking cap on for that little detail.
https://www.barnstormers.com/classified-1910651-Sonex-A-(recently-renovated).html
-Brock
Sonex-A (s/n 1013)
R2300, P-tip 54/50
Center Stick
V16, TT22
BRS

Postby karmarepair » Fri May 31, 2024 10:50 pm

Looks like a nice plane, and I wish mine had a center stick. Big/Tall guys can fly from the center! I'm thinking it will sell somewhere mid to high 20s? Good luck.
karmarepair

Postby BRS » Fri May 31, 2024 11:15 pm

karmarepair wrote:Looks like a nice plane, and I wish mine had a center stick. Big/Tall guys can fly from the center! I'm thinking it will sell somewhere mid to high 20s? Good luck.

Mine was a dual stick when purchased. During the renovation I converted to center stick. Not hard to do at all. I fly from the third seat in the middle.
I was thinking the same thing about price which is a hard pill to swallow since I have more than that in it not to mention all the time. But it was a good and interesting project. Probably worth more if I part it out or use the engine and instruments on my next project. If I ever decide on one. It would be the sonex high wing if available.
-Brock
Sonex-A (s/n 1013)
R2300, P-tip 54/50
Center Stick
V16, TT22
BRS

Return to Classifieds